Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rcgop needs advice
Rcgop needs advice
Just when I thought I was completely dialed in, this happened. Extreme dry mouth. The inside of my mouth seems to be glued to my tongue and my teeth glued to my cheeks and lips. I am missing a molar and that might be a partial answer but I feel any mouth breathing is under control or at least it was up to 2 months ago. 

My sleep quality has been very good and improving, my AHI is stable between 0 and .6 and never above 1. You need to go out 2 decimal places to measure my obstructive apnea index. Leaks were going up slightly but not enough to set off any alarms. I go to bed out of boredom and wake up 7 hours later ready to start the day. 

Played with the humidity with no relief and started to research. Then I stumbled on this web page. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5359345/

The last half of the article is the part that got my attention. I Now I think it is something I just have to live with. 

Having said that, I lowered my pressure by .6 and it seems to help. I raised the humidity which May have made it worse. Not enough data to make a final decision. 

My plans include lowering pressure and humidity even more. This is where I am looking for advice.

Any help, advice, or direction would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rcgop needs advice
You are having episodes of mouth leaks. It happens, and is not related to settings which seem to be okay. You may need a temporary assist form a chinstrap, but it's a fairly common problem. I hear my wife hissing away sometimes and will sometimes try to arouse her to close her mouth. Power through it, or consider the Knightsbridge from Supplier #37.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't chase numbers but do watch them.  Changes should be made based on how you feel.

That said continue on the path that you are on, lowering pressure and adjusting humidity.  Keep in mind that humidityis very personal, some like it high, some like it low, and some like it in between.  I'm saying don't be afraid to try in the other direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don`t have any advice.   I just want to thank you for your quote about cpap being a long journey,  like the Wizard of Oz.     So I wrote it in big letters on a card and put it on the front of my cpap notebook.    Then I added another quote ...A little better is still better...    I didn`t think of that one either, it is from a short article in a  diabetes magazine,    from a book by Chuck Eichten.
Thank you again for your quote.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 78 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.