Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Re Med myAir
Re Med myAir
Why does the Res Med myAir Mask on/off always read two events higher that what I percieve
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Re Med myAir
Question is unclear... what do you mean by events in this case?
Can you rephrase please.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir starts with mask on/off of 1. Each mask removal causes the second and subsequent events. The fewest you can have is 1. To get all of the "points' you cannot remove the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct, in my experience, in that MyAir always shows at least 1 mask off. However, even with 1 mask off you can still get 100 points. I get 100 points nearly every morning even with the mask off indication. I agree that this is odd to say the least. Another reason why MyAir is not worth much, if anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm happy if I can keep my score in the 90's. My best was 98. I put on my mask before I turn on the machine. I turn off machine before I remove mask.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had the mask on all night putting it on before I turn the machine on and taking it off after turning the machine off and it still reads 2.

When I take the mask off once in the middle of the night it will read 3 or 4
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I can tell, there is no way to have a night without at least one "mask off" indication in MyAir. I place my mask on first, then start the APAP, and in the morning, turn it off then remove the mask. Still get one mask off indication, but no point reduction. If for some reason I get up in the middle of the night, I repeat the same procedure; turn off the machine, disconnect the mask, then when returning to bed, reconnect the mask then restart the APAP. This will cause a "2 mask off indication" in MyAir and will deduct a point (down to 99).

Since my AHI number has never been higher than "1" and even that high only one time, 99 has been my worse MyAir number and that has always been caused by a middle of the night APAP on/off/on switch.

MyAir is weird and why I only use Sleepyhead for real information. MyAir is OK for a quick check, but it is really no better that just looking at the APAP screen display.

Post Reply Post Reply
The mask on/off in MyAir is a combo of putting mask on and off. For instance, last night I had 1 for mask on/off. I turned the machine on, put the mask on, slept through the night, took the mask off, turned machine off. If I get up once in the night, take off mask and put it back on, I will get a 2 etc....
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, the auto-off feature does not show up on the scoring if you're concerned. You can just take the mask off if the feature is enabled, and the machine will shut down in a few seconds. I also use Auto-start.

The on-screen display on my Aircurve 10, set to 'Plus' shows much more detail in terms of AHI, including event type and lets you look at daily, weekly and monthly statistics. It also shows full data in inspiration, expiration, I:E ratio, minute volume, tidal volume and much more. Resmed MyAir is pretty useless, similar to screen data with 'essentials'. However the fact that so many here express a concern with their score, shows that the program is mostly getting the desired result which is to reinforce good usage habits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 437 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,446 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 457 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,045 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,742 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,288 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.