Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Nasal Mask
Help with Nasal Mask
Just started Cpap about two months ago. I’m using the Resperonics Dreemwear nasal mask.   It’s the only one I can really tolerate, but still have issues.  

3 or 4am, it starts to leak around the nose area into my eyes.  Enough that it wakes me up and I found my eyes are dry and irritated.  
Any suggestions?

Monte99
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Nasal Mask
I think many of us, perhaps most of us, develop a certain kind of leak partway through the typical night.  It might have to do with stretching of the headgear, or its displacement as our head takes a favourite attitude on the pillow or beside it.  About the only thing you might do is to marginally tighten the top straps.  Or, try a 'seal' bead of cold cream where the leak seems to take place.

Sorry I can't help more positively.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any solution is going to be a bit of a hit or miss. The FFM I'm using is great. But.....I still experience leaks thru-out the night. 

I'm a side sleeper and a mouth breather. Can't sleep on my back to save my life. You might try some other masks and see if they perform as well or better.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed P30i. They are very similar to the dream wear but go a little deeper into the nose and could stop the leak. You can be use the same headgear and buy the frame and nasal mask on amazon for much less than a supplier.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to get dry eyes due to leaks until I moved to pillow masks, but I did have good success with a sleep mask which tended to prevent the leaks around the bridge of my nose blowing into my eyes
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds as though you're using a non-pillow nasal interface; is that right? If so, try a pillows mask. Philips Respironics says their gel pillows mask makes for less slipping. If you have the right frame, you might be able to use it with a pillow interface. Do try different sizes of pillows; the fat part should sit on the outside rim of your nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 988 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 161 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,231 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,363 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 406 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 423 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.