Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Probs getting the "right" water tank.....
Probs getting the "right" water tank.....
I am in my 5th year with my System One, 560.  At first the replacement water tanks had a very clear fill-line that was easy to see. For the last year or more, the new tanks fill-line is barely there and very hard to see, esp in low light. Does any other company offer these tanks?  Mine have all developed the problem of no longer snapping closed so as not to leak air or water but now with this fill-line issue, I want a different supplier.  Help needed in Chicago!

Jim In Chicago
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Probs getting the "right" water tank.....
Hello Jim in Chicago!

Welcome to Apnea Board!

I keep a flashlight by the bed and I have to use it to refill my humidifier tub. I've had the same machine as you and I've also had the Dreamstation and currently have a Resmed machine. I have also had trouble seeing the fill line on all of the machines.
I lay the flashlight flat on the bed stand shining into the chamber and fill it up. I also use a Sharpie marker to mark the corners where the fill line ends up by filling the tank and marking the water level.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
You can purchase these water chambers at any supplier.  See the supplier list at top of page.
Also, try Amazon.

I keep an extra water chamber on hand, because I’ve had the same issue with the cover not staying closed.  

The fill line markings on the last one I received were barely visible.  I can pretty much judge after using mine for 3 years how much water to add.  If you can’t see it that well  use a permanent marker on the outside of the chamber and draw a line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, I agree about the line.  I mark the line now with a Sharpie. Much easier to see.  If you are paying out of pocket, check some of the online retailers here.  If you are using a DME for insurance coverage, you need to call insurance and ask for alternative DMEs.  Have you complained to your DME?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2018, 01:00 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: First, I agree about the line.  I mark the line now with a Sharpie. Much easier to see.  If you are paying out of pocket, check some of the online retailers here.  If you are using a DME for insurance coverage, you need to call insurance and ask for alternative DMEs.  Have you complained to your DME?

I did complain to my DME and they pointed out that the replacement tanks are made by the maker of the machine.  They say they know of no other supplier for these tanks.  My cost is only $5. so maybe I should not complain but just use the marker whenever I get a new one.  Thing is that the main problem which is the "failing to snap shut" should just be fixed.  The design must have changed b/c it was not a problem for the first 2 years and now it is a regular, recurring bother.  And the list of suppliers is long and I suspect checking with each one would take a lot of time.  5 years.......maybe time for a new machine?  I'm told each has its own "tragic flaw."

Jim In Chicago
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim,

The typical replacement schedule for the entire machine is 5 years. Although you have a good machine, there are updated machines. I recommend a Resmed machine, the footprint is smaller, screen is larger, and the humidifier chamber is much friendlier.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2018, 01:00 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: First, I agree about the line.  I mark the line now with a Sharpie. Much easier to see.  If you are paying out of pocket, check some of the online retailers here.

The perfect answer.
Black Sharpie line.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Simple with the 560. On a level surface, take the top off the tank and fill it until the water just touches the bottom of the inflow tube. Snap cover back on. That is the right level for that tank and unit.

Buttloads easier to judge that way than a line on the tank, I think.

OMMOHY
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Try being legally blind and find the line on the tank for mine. I done learned the way the inlet on mine is a long tube that goes part way across the tank and is on a slope. I just put my finger on bak if the tube with tip of finger just below opening start filling when it hits my finger I know not to put any more.

I will also agree with others for marking it sharpie or other such type marker.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,373 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 354 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.