Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ReScan 6.0 problem
ReScan 6.0 problem
Greetings!

I just downloaded ReScan onto my Windows 10 computer.  All went smoothly until I tried to run it.  After successfully logging in, I received an error "Pure virtual function called." The program closed. I tried 5.9 and got the same message.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ReScan 6.0 problem
See here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ll-Problem

or here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid183626

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You might try two possibilities.
  1. It sounds like your Visual C++ Redistribution library has been updated and the program is looking for an earlier version.  Open the Event Viewer. Look under Custom Views->Administrative Events for an Error for that program.  In the Details section it should provide more information.

Here are the links to the VC++ libraries.  You will need to install both 32 and 64 bit versions if you are running a 64 bit O/S. I would try the 2015 version first.
  2. Try setting the Capability Mode to Windows XPSP3 or 7.
    1. Right-click on the ResScan Icon and select Properties
    2. Select the Compatibility Tab
    3. Check the box labeled, Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    4. Select either
      • Windows XP Service Pack 3
        or
      • Windows 7

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
I too have a problem with ResScan 6.0. I downloaded successfully and installed it. However the window that comes up at the start to insert Username and password, will not accept my details. I verified through the Control Panel that the info for my Microsoft account are accurate, but to no avail.
Can anyone help please.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the email you received change the 6.0 to 5.9 and download the earlier version without the password function
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried that and it still wanted login details. I think any new download is requiring login details, irrespective of the version. I even uninstalled the late versions and went back to the first one I had which is 3.7. None of the versions will accept my login details, yet none will start without a login!!
Post Reply Post Reply
5.9 didn't have this feature. Did you uninstall 6.0 prior to installing 5.9?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I did and then uninstalled 5.9 and installed 3.7 from my cd. Still asking for login details. I am actually now without software to download my reports for my sleep doctor. Grrrrrr.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try deleting the Resmed declaration in your system's registry.  It is located at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ResMed.  For safety, you may wish to Export this listing prior to deletion.  It should try to rebuild this the next time it is run.

One last thought; Did you select any of the options during install? If so, don't.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,
It is now Saturday morning, here in Australia. 
I started fresh and uninstalled my 3.7 version from the Control Panel. 
I then had a good look through my program files in C drive. 
I found some files still there. Deleted them and re-started my computer.
I then installed 5.9 and presto - it installed and I clicked the shortcut icon...it is running!!!!
I was surprised to see that my profile and details are already in the application, but no  past reports are there.
I have them all saved in My Documents though, so that is OK.
Thank you all, for your help. This is a great forum.
Mary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 62 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 7 133 03-13-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Snackers
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 526 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 721 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 977 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 713 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 540 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.