Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ReScan Report Interpretation Help
RE: ReScan Report Interpretation Help
(12-29-2012, 09:29 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 06:22 PM)bensonlee Wrote:
Quote:how many mask events shown on usage (summary graph) and duration of each

27 Dec - 6 events
28 Dec - 3 events
29 Dec - 2 events

Events usually last from 30 minutes to 6 hours.

Not sure what you mean.

Vaughn
the mask events in summary graph tells you how many time you stop and start the machine
each stop/start marked as an event
so if you sleep right thru the night ... the usage bar would show one event which is good stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all I hope someone can give me some help with this. Just downloaded the RESScan software and loaded my card up. I was wondering if some once can explain the leak part of this. For example on October 25th when I hover over the green bar it reads:

I'm thinking I have a leak problem which is maybe why I constantly wake up with dry mouth and I don't feel rested.

can somebody help?
Tx
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
140 L/m ... maximum leak ... highest leak detected
0 L/m ..... 95% percentile leak .... leak been at or below this number for 95% of the time
0 L/m ..... median leak ...50% percentile leak ... leak been at or below this number for 50% of the time

You have zero leak for 95% of the time, the higher leak rate maybe due adjusting mask fit or/and keeping the machine on while taking a pee during the night . S9 consider good mask fit when the 70% percentile leak is less than 24 L/m

You can try increase humidity a little, see if helps with the dry mouth. Have you got the climate line (heated hose), the climate line on auto mode allows you to adjust temperature to preference with rainout protection

Post Reply Post Reply
My comments are in RED
(11-01-2013, 03:52 PM)me6093 Wrote: Hi all I hope someone can give me some help with this. Just downloaded the RESScan software and loaded my card up. I was wondering if some once can explain the leak part of this. For example on October 25th when I hover over the green bar it reads:

140 This is your MAXIMUM unintentional leak rate for the night. At some point the machine detected a leak rate of 140 L/min. More on this in a bit.

0 This is your 95% leak rate. For 95% of the of the night your unintentional leak rate was 0.0 L/min. This means that you had a detectable unintentional leak rate for no more than 5% of the night. And that's very good!

0 This is your MEDIAN leak rate. For 50% of the night your unintentional leak rate was 0.0 L/min.

I'm thinking I have a leak problem which is maybe why I constantly wake up with dry mouth and I don't feel rested.
If your leak rates look like this night, then you don't have much of an official leak problem. Your detectable leaks are less than 5% of the night. And how much is 5% of the night? Five percent of one hour is three minutes. If you use the machine for eight hours, that means your detectable leaks are lasting less than 24 minutes and possibly significantly less than 24 minutes.

Now why is that MAX leak rate is so high? All it takes is one very, very short lived very, very large leak to make the MAX leak very large. Taking the mask off to scratch your nose without turning the machine off can trigger a huge MAX leak without making the 95% number budge above 0.0 L/min for example.

Now why might you have dry mouth problems in the absence of detectable leak problems? Well, some people are just very sensitive to any air at all going through their mouth. Are you using a full face mask by chance? Some people who mouth breathe inside of a well sealed full face mask still have problems with a dry mouth. The reason is this: While the full face mask prevents air pressure from being lost through the open mouth, the standard heated humidifier has a hard time properly humidifying all the air that gets pumped through a full face mask since there's far more air moving through the "system" when the CPAP is moving air through both your mouth and your nose rather than just your nose.

can somebody help?
Tx
Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome me6093
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out why i'm not feeling better. I haven't felt great since last November. I was driving up to the Catskills from the city and that when I got half way there I started to feel the dizziness. Not sure if it's the change of altitude (I was driving). It's hasn't gone since. I have some good days but mostly bad.
I get these pains on both sides of the head just above/sides my eyes. I feel tired like I don't rest all night. I do TMJ and I use a mouth piece. I'm not dizzy like the room is spinning but it almost feels like I'm off balance, cloudy in the head. I was thinking with the dry mouth I wasn't getting the right sleep. I always felt my mask was kind small so I ordered a larger mask to see if that helps. I have had the same mask type since 2008. I really feel the pain/discomfort/pressure my the temple area on both sides. More so on the right which is where they found the TMJ Problems. I have tried numerous pillows. I do have some reflux but not horrible. When I swallow both years pop and my nose is constantly congested. I have seen an ENT about the nose and they don't see any problems on why I should be congested. I my muscles hurt behind my jaw and behind the ear area. I'm sure that has something to do with it. I'm really running out of ideas here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 228 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 268 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 688 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.