Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reading Resmed data card
Cool 
Reading Resmed data card
New to Apnea Board Forum, Was wondering can a resmed data card be read with a regular card reader? Or Do have to have the Resmed Card Reader? Only Have 20 more days to produce Compliance Report for My CDL Medical Card. Please help ! Have Only had My Resmed S8 Elite II for two years and now being told it's too old that no one here in B.R. Louisiana can download Compliance report !!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reading Resmed data card
If you are using the old S8 elite II CPAP, that is some form of proprietary smartcard and requires a special reader and software. If your CDL depends on data and reports, do yourself a favor and buy a modern machine. There is a Respironics Dreamstation Auto for $384, or a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her for $585 on Amazon. Both are decent deals and very good auto CPAP machines with full data.

As far as reading your legacy machine data card, you might be able to get a local durable medical equipment (DME) that might help, or see if you can just send the card...replace that machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really would love to, but alas my monetary situation does not allow me to, and my insurance does not seem to want to help! If I could get this report I would at least have a year to work on getting another Machine ! It's strange that just last year I had no problem getting the report and no one ever mentioned it being an old machine! alas you live you learn ! Glad I found this Board, now I know better!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a Google search for this...they are out there for just over $50. Can't link on the forum:

ResScan SmartCard Reader for S8 Series CPAP Machines https://www.google.com/search?q=ResScan+...8&oe=utf-8

Here is your software for free from the forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Busdriver58,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will be able to get a reader for your machine to get your report.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Busdriver, I forgot that you can generate an on-screen report on your S8 CPAP. It will report 1-day, 1-week, 1-month, 90 days or 1-year compliance. You could find this report and take a snapshot with a smartphone, or take the machine to someone that can certify the report on your behalf...no cost. You can get a clinical manual which is where the following screenshot comes from, by following the link to CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of this page. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual The Sleep Report screen (third from left) is the one you need.

[Image: MoT2AMq.png]

This is the advanced screen accessed from the clinical menu. To access the Advanced Info menu, press and hold the Info and Setup buttons for three seconds.

[Image: KjHh7G1.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help !! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,045 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 992 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 244 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.