Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reading SD card and make a backup
Reading SD card and make a backup
Is it nessecary to disconnect the Philips Respironic from the transformer before taking out the SD Card for reading?

After reading the SD Card in SleepyHead, I want to make a backup on an USB memory stick. Anyone who know if it is possible and how to make it.
I want to do this with my personaly comments in the notefields.

SEVET
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reading SD card and make a backup
(12-11-2012, 04:06 PM)SEVET Wrote: Is it nessecary to disconnect the Philips Respironic from the transformer before taking out the SD Card for reading?
I don,t but the S9 manual say before removing the card to disconnect machine from power outlet

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2012, 04:06 PM)SEVET Wrote: Is it nessecary to disconnect the Philips Respironic from the transformer before taking out the SD Card for reading?

After reading the SD Card in SleepyHead, I want to make a backup on an USB memory stick. Anyone who know if it is possible and how to make it.
I want to do this with my personaly comments in the notefields.

SEVET

Svet,

The SD card is designed to be hot-swappable, meaning that you should not have to remove power from a device before removing it as long as a device is not actively writing data to it.

If you're using a Windows-based PC your SleepyHead data should be stored in your "My Documents" directory (folder) under the "SleepyHeadData" directory (folder), under there you'll see the "Profiles" directory (folder), just copy that to your flash drive and you'll have all of SleepyHead's machine data backup's AND all of your journal entries.

I haven't installed the Linux version but it should most likely be under the /Home/Documents dir, if you're using a Mac I don't have a clue, they're way too hard for me to figure-out.Dont-know

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2012, 06:10 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: I haven't installed the Linux version but it should most likely be under the /Home/Documents dir

On a Linux computer it's in the folder ~/SleepyHeadData/.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not had any issues removing my SD Card from my Philips Respironics System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (461CA) with power on & I do it every day.

As noted by TheWerkz above "The SD card is designed to be hot-swappable"

I do use the "Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media" option before removing it from my Laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest saving the SleepyHead data vs the raw data from the card. SH has an space to add info and notes.

Another option is to export the SH data into a spreadsheet. You can then add columns and notes.

Whichever you use, you just drag and drop the files into another folder. If Windoze, right click, drag and drop, then select copy.

To save space, you only need the profile information SH created.

I have a backup copy of the profile for both SH and ResScan and another for the data on the card.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for replies.
I will try to follow these recommendations
I'm no data guru but perhaps someday
I can be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now tested to load data from Profiles, to my USB memory stick.
I loaded all that Profiles contained. After that, I took the USB to my work to load it into my work computer. Now I got all data to print it out.

After two more days I did another download to my USB. Took it to my work to install the info (with two more days info) on my work computer, but found that the new info was´nt in SH.
Had I did something wrong or what can I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 01:19 PM)SEVET Wrote: I have now tested to load data from Profiles, to my USB memory stick.
I loaded all that Profiles contained. After that, I took the USB to my work to load it into my work computer. Now I got all data to print it out.

After two more days I did another download to my USB. Took it to my work to install the info (with two more days info) on my work computer, but found that the new info was´nt in SH.
Had I did something wrong or what can I do?

Sevet,

Try this, copy all the data from your SD card onto your USB memory stick, take it to your work computer and then simply "Import" the data into SleepyHead, you may have to tell it which drive the memory stick is currently assigned to but from now on you're maintaining two separate applications (home and work) and you'll need to import new data into both copies of SleepyHead in order to see it.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2012, 04:32 PM)zonk Wrote:
I don,t but the S9 manual say before removing the card to disconnect machine from power outlet

Does it?
Oh I guess you're right Thinking-about
"Before removing the card, instruct the patient to disconnect the S9 device from the power outlet."
Regardless, if the S9 is just sitting there idling, removing the card seems to have no ill effects, and when you re-insert the card, you are informed that it is reading the card and all is fine.
Still, you could risk losing data just like removing the card from your computer without selecting "eject" first. But I'm daring (not foolish) and nobody else needs to see my SD card.
The "Protective Folder" for the SD card explains how to insert and remove the SD card. It does NOT mention turning off the S9 first.
The Welcome Guide:
"When instructed to do so, disconnect the S9 device from the power outlet, remove your SD card, insert it in the protective folder and send it to your clinician."
So two out of three places suggest it, but as I said, it probably won't hurt if you don't turn the S9 off first. But depending on how experienced you are with computer media, some people might want to play it safe.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 326 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,220 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,040 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,718 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 259 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 228 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 400 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.