Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reading SD card and make a backup
RE: Reading SD card and make a backup
I don't think it is anything to worry about. As long as the machine is off (as in not running) and it has been a while since you turned it off (like, maybe a minute), it should be safe to remove it. SD cards, as someone else said, are "hot swappable" meaning you do not have to go through the "safe eject" step. As long as it is not being written to, read, or whatever, removing it is safe.

I would think, given the delicacy of electronics, it would be more of a risk to plug and unplug the machine each and every day!

If you wish to unplug, then unplug from the wall, NOT the back of the machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
OK. Now I have solved the problem.Dancing
I put in my SD Card with latest info in a SD Card reader. Of course to avoid problems with the SD Card, I locked it so I don't get some unexpected writings on it.
Opened my SH and ordered it to import data from the card. Now I have the latest
info in SH.
Now I copied the Profile to my USB memory.
On my work computer, I tried to let SH import data from the USB stick but SH couldn't find some new info. I tried this several times but it was the same result every time.
Can this probably be a bug?Thinking-about
However, I copied the Profile from the USB memory to the SH Profile in my computer and Yeah there it was with my personally comments in the note fields.

Many Christmas Greatings from the South of Sweden.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SEVET... this is off-topic, but do you live near the Gransfors-Bruks axe factory? I cut and split my own wood using their Swedish axes and splitters. Awesome top-of-the-line hand-forged quality axes you all make there. Happy Eyes They are so sharp that you can literally shave with one of their axes!

[Image: IMG_0671.jpg][Image: 300.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay me coming over for wood fired pizza Licklips
will bring some yellow tail Rolling laugh
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2012, 07:08 PM)zonk Wrote: Okay me coming over for wood fired pizza Licklips
will bring some yellow tail Rolling laugh

I'll bring plenty of onions! Licklips

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 09:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I don't think it is anything to worry about. As long as the machine is off (as in not running) and it has been a while since you turned it off (like, maybe a minute), it should be safe to remove it. SD cards, as someone else said, are "hot swappable" meaning you do not have to go through the "safe eject" step. As long as it is not being written to, read, or whatever, removing it is safe.

I would think, given the delicacy of electronics, it would be more of a risk to plug and unplug the machine each and every day!

If you wish to unplug, then unplug from the wall, NOT the back of the machine.

But I believe I've read that some machines require such a tactic to reach the clinician menu. I'm glad that's not with all the machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean removing the card before accessing the clinician menu? Not heard of that.

Sometimes, the DME will write commands onto the card. If you remove the card, as soon as you put it back in, it will revert to whatever changes you have made. You have to reformat the card or use another one.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2012, 12:58 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Do you mean removing the card before accessing the clinician menu? Not heard of that.

Sometimes, the DME will write commands onto the card. If you remove the card, as soon as you put it back in, it will revert to whatever changes you have made. You have to reformat the card or use another one.

Some of the older Philips models. Supposed to hold down a button or two while plugging in the cord to the machine simultaneously. I've attempted that procedure to try to access the clinician menu of the REMstar SE. No such luck.
I'm glad I got rid of that infernal thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2012, 06:33 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hi SEVET... this is off-topic, but do you live near the Gransfors-Bruks axe factory? I cut and split my own wood using their Swedish axes and splitters.

Hi SuperSleeper
Nice to read that you are using the axes tools from the old Swedish Company. They have built tools for over 100 years.

[commercial link removed per Apnea Board rules]

I live 950 km from them.

Admin edit: Hi Sevet - had to remove the commercial link to the Gransfors-Bruks website per our rules. No big deal, if someone wants to check them out, just do a Google search for "Gransfors Bruks". Thanks. -SuperSleeper.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 08:58 AM)SEVET Wrote: Nice to read that you are using the axes tools from the old Swedish Company. They have built tools for over 100 years.

I live 950 km from them.

Wow, didn't know they've been forging tools for that long! Thanks for the info. I'll probably be contributing to the Swedish economy in the future, because I have my eye on another mid-sized axe that I've been drooling over lately. Too-funny

Thanks, Sevet, stay warm this winter! Coffee

Sorry for taking this thread off-topic. Oops. Unsure
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 574 4 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 214 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 992 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 200 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.