Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

RE: Reading data from the sd card
(12-22-2015 04:00 AM)colpac Wrote:  Is there anything else i need to install?

What Operating System are you using?

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
01-14-2016 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed airsense 10 autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F & P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(12-22-2015 10:29 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:  On the off chance, look at the SD card and see if the little tab on the side is pushed to the write-protect position. . .Just a guess.

Nope, I was careful to lock it prior to insertion in computer. Thanks.

Inspired
Bigwink
01-14-2016 01:13 PM
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(01-13-2016 11:34 PM)cpdaniel Wrote:  
(01-13-2016 11:26 PM)Inspired Wrote:  I am a new user too, (2 days) and downloaded sleepyhead. Inserted Resmed SD card into my computer and it does not even see the card, same as you. Card is locked as suggested. Sleepyhead cannot find any data. Have you found any solution?
Thanks.

How old is your computer? If you have other SD cards, do they have the "SDHC" logo on them? Are they more than 2Gb in capacity?

Before 2006, SD cards (and the readers in computers) were limited to 2Gb capacity. In 2006 the SDHC spec was released and newer cards with higher capacities are implemented to this spec. Older computers that only support SDSC cards cannot read SDHC cards without an adapter - typically a small device that accepts an SD card on one side and plugs into a USB port on the other side.

I am using windows 8 on an Dell Inspiron 15 computer. The SD card says SD HC but no indication of how many gigs. I locked it prior to insertion in computer. I just received the card several days ago in a brand new Cpap so it should not be old.

Inspired
Bigwink
01-14-2016 01:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(01-13-2016 11:26 PM)Inspired Wrote:  I am a new user too, (2 days) and downloaded sleepyhead. Inserted Resmed SD card into my computer and it does not even see the card, same as you. Card is locked as suggested. Sleepyhead cannot find any data. Have you found any solution?
Thanks.

How old is your computer? If you have other SD cards, do they have the "SDHC" logo on them? Are they more than 2Gb in capacity?

Before 2006, SD cards (and the readers in computers) were limited to 2Gb capacity. In 2006 the SDHC spec was released and newer cards with higher capacities are implemented to this spec. Older computers that only support SDSC cards cannot read SDHC cards without an adapter - typically a small device that accepts an SD card on one side and plugs into a USB port on the other side.
The SD card in my camera is SDHC and my computer reads it fine. Maybe the Resmed SDHC card contains data that is not the same as photos, so maybe that makes a difference. I tried putting the Resmed SDHC in my camera and hooking that up to my computer but that does not work either...sleepyhead still cannot find any data.
What a puzzle.
Laptop is just a couple years old, Dell Inspiron 15 uses Windows 8.

Inspired
Bigwink
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 02:05 PM by Inspired.)
01-14-2016 02:04 PM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

You can also try to run the reader diagnostics. Check this link from Dell: http://dell.com/support/troubleshooting/...CardReader

If that doesn't find an issue, Dell recommends reinstalling the driver. Go to http://support.dell.com and input your Service Tag to get updates specific to your computer.

If device manager doesn't report any issues, you may need an updated SD card reader. You can access Device Manager by pressing Windows key-X and select device manager. Since you said it works with other SD cards I'd say you probably need to get an updated card reader.

You can search amazon for "Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader". It's cheap - less than $6.30 last time I looked. It's what I use and I know a few others here that also have that same reader. I only have USB 2.0 on my desktop and no issues with it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 09:43 PM by AlanE.)
01-14-2016 09:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

Thanks.

Computer was new 8/1013. It reads other SD and SDHC cards with my photos on them all 1 or 2GB cards.

(01-14-2016 09:39 PM)Inspired Wrote:  
Thanks.

Computer was new 8/1013. It reads other SD and SDHC cards with my photos on them all 1 or 2GB cards.

OOPS...not quite THAT old. 8/2013.Laugh-a-lot

Inspired
Bigwink
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 09:41 PM by Inspired.)
01-14-2016 09:39 PM
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(01-14-2016 09:38 PM)AlanE Wrote:  You can also try to run the reader diagnostics. Check this link from Dell: http://dell.com/support/troubleshooting/...CardReader

If that doesn't find an issue, Dell recommends reinstalling the driver. Go to http://support.dell.com and input your Service Tag to get updates specific to your computer.

If device manager doesn't report any issues, you may need an updated SD card reader. You can access Device Manager by pressing Windows key-X and select device manager. Since you said it works with other SD cards I'd say you probably need to get an updated card reader.

You can search amazon for "Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader". It's cheap - less than $6.30 last time I looked. It's what I use and I know a few others here that also have that same reader. I only have USB 2.0 on my desktop and no issues with it.
Thanks for the info about card reader. Sleep-well

Inspired
Bigwink
01-14-2016 09:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

Thanks.

Thanks a lot Colpac, am ordering an adapter as you suggested.Will let you know how it works! I Much appreciate your expertise.

Inspired
Bigwink
01-16-2016 06:25 PM
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(01-14-2016 09:46 PM)Inspired Wrote:  
(01-14-2016 09:38 PM)AlanE Wrote:  You can also try to run the reader diagnostics. Check this link from Dell: http://dell.com/support/troubleshooting/...CardReader

Thanks for the info about card reader. Sleep-well

After I ordered a card reader, and fiddled around in the diagnostics area of Dell, the computer is finally seeing my card...it just seemed to happen without any notification that a problem had been found...the magic of Dell!
Thanks for your help!

Inspired
Bigwink
01-20-2016 10:04 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help I get -- Connect a flow generator or data card and try again -- what can I do virgilstucker 5 136 12-03-2016 07:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Idea WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ResScan & SH for The Rest of Us Papit 57 9,942 10-30-2016 10:59 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  New here - help reading the sleepyhead/ sp02 review graphs Wannaspeed 4 357 10-09-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: menaralf
Question Slow reading of SD Disc-EncoreViewer2 Robbo511927 7 322 09-28-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: Robbo511927
  how to read data without SD card asdftalk 12 893 07-04-2016 06:48 PM
Last Post: asdftalk
  importing SD card patient data fails in Resscan LeeKopp 4 557 06-26-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: Jeff Wilson
  SD card data transfer or dump. Phill 8 660 05-09-2016 10:35 AM
Last Post: Phill