Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reading data from the sd card
Reading data from the sd card
Hi, im a very new user (6 days) and only discovered this board today.
I was using resmed myair to look at my results but then read about sleepyhead on here so downloaded that.
My problem is that my pc wont read my sd card at all, all other cards i have work fine as soon as i put them in the reader but my resmed one just does nothing.
Is there anything else i need to install?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reading data from the sd card
Welcome

Any SD card reader should be able to do the job. Either the ResMed SD card is corrupt, or you have some weird compatibility issue between the card and the reader. If you have another blank SD card, you can try to see if the machine will recognize it. Then, either use that card, or else use your computer to reformat the ResMed card.

You can also try using a different SD card reader. They're cheap.

You may also have a malfunctioning machine that's not capable of using SD cards. If this turns out to be the case, you will want to get a warranty replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine has been sending results to myair no problem so i presume it is working ok.
Its also set up where it sends results straight to my doctor so reluctant to start formatting etc in case it messes all that up. Its the doctor that has supplied the machine so i will ask on my next visit on the 31st dec. I have to take the sd card with me then so i presume he will be looking at the results then.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the off chance, look at the SD card and see if the little tab on the side is pushed to the write-protect position. . .Just a guess.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you push it in all the way on the PC?

Some are spring loaded and you need to push it all the way in, and it will make a "click" sound. Then push it in again to remove it.

Others you push in until it stops, but there is no "click".

You should see it appear in your PC's "Explorer" window as another disk drive. If not, there's something wrong. You can try re-booting your PC.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card does not send data to my air or your doctor. The data that is sent to my air and your doctor is the limited data the machine stores and then sends by modem.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 04:00 AM)colpac Wrote: Hi, im a very new user (6 days) and only discovered this board today.
I was using resmed myair to look at my results but then read about sleepyhead on here so downloaded that.
My problem is that my pc wont read my sd card at all, all other cards i have work fine as soon as i put them in the reader but my resmed one just does nothing.

Thanks

I wonder if the problem is that your computer's SD card reader is simply too old. Your SD card is almost certainly an "SDHC" card (more than 2Gb in capacity). Very old SD card readers cannot read these cards due to changes in the interface specification. In some (very few) cases, a new device driver might fix this, but I'd say that's a very unlikely case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi colpac,

WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 04:00 AM)colpac Wrote: Hi, im a very new user (6 days) and only discovered this board today.

Thanks

I am a new user too, (2 days) and downloaded sleepyhead. Inserted Resmed SD card into my computer and it does not even see the card, same as you. Card is locked as suggested. Sleepyhead cannot find any data. Have you found any solution?
Thanks.

Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 11:26 PM)Inspired Wrote: I am a new user too, (2 days) and downloaded sleepyhead. Inserted Resmed SD card into my computer and it does not even see the card, same as you. Card is locked as suggested. Sleepyhead cannot find any data. Have you found any solution?
Thanks.

How old is your computer? If you have other SD cards, do they have the "SDHC" logo on them? Are they more than 2Gb in capacity?

Before 2006, SD cards (and the readers in computers) were limited to 2Gb capacity. In 2006 the SDHC spec was released and newer cards with higher capacities are implemented to this spec. Older computers that only support SDSC cards cannot read SDHC cards without an adapter - typically a small device that accepts an SD card on one side and plugs into a USB port on the other side.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 127 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,631 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 803 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.