Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reading data from the sd card
RE: Reading data from the sd card
(12-22-2015, 04:00 AM)colpac Wrote: Is there anything else i need to install?

What Operating System are you using?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 10:29 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: On the off chance, look at the SD card and see if the little tab on the side is pushed to the write-protect position. . .Just a guess.

Nope, I was careful to lock it prior to insertion in computer. Thanks.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 11:34 PM)cpdaniel Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 11:26 PM)Inspired Wrote: I am a new user too, (2 days) and downloaded sleepyhead. Inserted Resmed SD card into my computer and it does not even see the card, same as you. Card is locked as suggested. Sleepyhead cannot find any data. Have you found any solution?
Thanks.

How old is your computer? If you have other SD cards, do they have the "SDHC" logo on them? Are they more than 2Gb in capacity?

Before 2006, SD cards (and the readers in computers) were limited to 2Gb capacity. In 2006 the SDHC spec was released and newer cards with higher capacities are implemented to this spec. Older computers that only support SDSC cards cannot read SDHC cards without an adapter - typically a small device that accepts an SD card on one side and plugs into a USB port on the other side.

I am using windows 8 on an Dell Inspiron 15 computer. The SD card says SD HC but no indication of how many gigs. I locked it prior to insertion in computer. I just received the card several days ago in a brand new Cpap so it should not be old.

Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 11:26 PM)Inspired Wrote: I am a new user too, (2 days) and downloaded sleepyhead. Inserted Resmed SD card into my computer and it does not even see the card, same as you. Card is locked as suggested. Sleepyhead cannot find any data. Have you found any solution?
Thanks.

How old is your computer? If you have other SD cards, do they have the "SDHC" logo on them? Are they more than 2Gb in capacity?

Before 2006, SD cards (and the readers in computers) were limited to 2Gb capacity. In 2006 the SDHC spec was released and newer cards with higher capacities are implemented to this spec. Older computers that only support SDSC cards cannot read SDHC cards without an adapter - typically a small device that accepts an SD card on one side and plugs into a USB port on the other side.
The SD card in my camera is SDHC and my computer reads it fine. Maybe the Resmed SDHC card contains data that is not the same as photos, so maybe that makes a difference. I tried putting the Resmed SDHC in my camera and hooking that up to my computer but that does not work either...sleepyhead still cannot find any data.
What a puzzle.
Laptop is just a couple years old, Dell Inspiron 15 uses Windows 8.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also try to run the reader diagnostics. Check this link from Dell: http://dell.com/support/troubleshooting/...CardReader

If that doesn't find an issue, Dell recommends reinstalling the driver. Go to http://support.dell.com and input your Service Tag to get updates specific to your computer.

If device manager doesn't report any issues, you may need an updated SD card reader. You can access Device Manager by pressing Windows key-X and select device manager. Since you said it works with other SD cards I'd say you probably need to get an updated card reader.

You can search amazon for "Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader". It's cheap - less than $6.30 last time I looked. It's what I use and I know a few others here that also have that same reader. I only have USB 2.0 on my desktop and no issues with it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Computer was new 8/1013. It reads other SD and SDHC cards with my photos on them all 1 or 2GB cards.

(01-14-2016, 09:39 PM)Inspired Wrote:
Thanks.

Computer was new 8/1013. It reads other SD and SDHC cards with my photos on them all 1 or 2GB cards.

OOPS...not quite THAT old. 8/2013.Laugh-a-lot
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 09:38 PM)AlanE Wrote: You can also try to run the reader diagnostics. Check this link from Dell: http://dell.com/support/troubleshooting/...CardReader

If that doesn't find an issue, Dell recommends reinstalling the driver. Go to http://support.dell.com and input your Service Tag to get updates specific to your computer.

If device manager doesn't report any issues, you may need an updated SD card reader. You can access Device Manager by pressing Windows key-X and select device manager. Since you said it works with other SD cards I'd say you probably need to get an updated card reader.

You can search amazon for "Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader". It's cheap - less than $6.30 last time I looked. It's what I use and I know a few others here that also have that same reader. I only have USB 2.0 on my desktop and no issues with it.
Thanks for the info about card reader. Sleep-well
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Thanks a lot Colpac, am ordering an adapter as you suggested.Will let you know how it works! I Much appreciate your expertise.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 09:46 PM)Inspired Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 09:38 PM)AlanE Wrote: You can also try to run the reader diagnostics. Check this link from Dell: http://dell.com/support/troubleshooting/...CardReader

Thanks for the info about card reader. Sleep-well

After I ordered a card reader, and fiddled around in the diagnostics area of Dell, the computer is finally seeing my card...it just seemed to happen without any notification that a problem had been found...the magic of Dell!
Thanks for your help!
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 125 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 288 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 492 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 802 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.