Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reading my reports
Reading my reports
Ok, so I managed to download the Sleepyhead software (thank you thank you thank you!!), and I have my reports.

Now, can someone help me understand what the graphs and data is telling me?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reading my reports
Hi JillK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use any of that type of software but hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the warm welcome Trish6hundred - I searched around the forum for a while, and couldn't find anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JillK and welcome to the forum. Which Phillips Respironics machine do you have?

The first things you want to look at are your leak rates and your AHI.

You can also look at the on-screen display on your machine. Look at the percent time in large leak and the AHI.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JillK, Welcome to Apnea Board

SleepyHead glossary might be of some help
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...r_Glossary

If you have not done already, I recommend to start reading the manual of your machine. The manual contains most of the information that you,re asking about. Scroll down to bottom of the page "HOW TO ASK FOR A MANUAL VIA EMAIL"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

PRS1 setup video http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
There are lots of graphs and other data that we have never figured out.

The ones we look at each day are the following:

1. AHI - that is the number of "events" you have per hour and the goal is 5.0 per hour or under. "Events" (at least on the ResMed S9) consist of:

(1) obstructive apnea events - Obstructive Apnea (OA) is a temporary cessation of airflow caused by a collapse of the airway either full or partial without an accompanying cessation of respiratory effort.

(2) clear airway events - no restriction of flow but you are not breathing for some reason.

(3) hypopnea - An hypopnea is indicated if there is approximately 40% reduction in airflow for a duration of between 10 and 60 seconds, compared to the average airflow over an extended period of several minutes. Following a reduction in airflow, the therapy device must see two recovery breaths in order to label the event as a potential hypopnea. (Respironics detection is 40% reduction and ResMed detection is 50% reduction)

(4) apnea - When the respiratory flow decreases by more than 75% for at least 10 seconds.

2. Leaks. For the ResMed S9 Elite and the ResMed Mirage FX mask, the machine can compensate for up to 24L/min of unintentional leaks (some leaks are actually intentional). Varies for machines and masks, so check your manual to see what leaks your machine can tolerate.

3. We also glance through the other graphs for anything unusual but the above two are what I would focus on for the time being.

So take a look at your data and let us know your AHI and your leak rate.

(03-02-2013, 07:11 PM)JillK Wrote: Ok, so I managed to download the Sleepyhead software (thank you thank you thank you!!), and I have my reports.

Now, can someone help me understand what the graphs and data is telling me?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
I look at (in this order)

the events, how many and how long they lasted
the overall AHI (then the breakdown of each)
the flowrate (not sure exactly what this is but by viewing it each time, I know what is "normal" for me and what is not)
leaks (not that often though. If I have a weird, overly-long, or cluster, I look at the leak for that time period)
pressure
and snore

I use SleepyHead.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys,

What would you consider normal leak rates for a Philips Series 1 560?

SleepyHead gives 2 lines on the graph, Leaks and Total Leaks. Is Total Leaks = "to all data on SD" ? And Leaks = "that night's data" ?

What is a normal range compared to high?

Thanks for all the helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use PRS1 or SleepyHead. your machine report total leak

S9 report unintentional leak and define acceptable leak below 24 L/min
PR don,t tells us what is deemed a large leak

Total leak = intentional leak (vents leak) plus unintentional leak (mask and mouth leaks)

Find the intentional leak of your mask and subtract from total leak

Here,re the intentional leaks for both PR and ResMed masks:
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....111027.pdf
http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...sa_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2013, 03:35 PM)Khamier Wrote: What would you consider normal leak rates for a Philips Series 1 560?

Total leak = intentional leak + unintentional leak.

You want to keep your unintentional leak as low as possible, but if it gets above 25 L/min or so your machine can't maintain the pressure and your airway could collapse.

Quote:SleepyHead gives 2 lines on the graph, Leaks and Total Leaks.

I'm not sure which one SleepyHead is reporting as the "Leaks". It's been a while since I messed with that in SleepyHead and with my machine I have to look at the total leak rate only in SleepyHead. The intentional leak rate for my mask and my pressure (you have to look it up on the literature that comes with your mask, or find it on the web) is about 35 L/min, so I just try to keep my total leak rate below 60 L/min. Which I can always do unless I start mouth-leaking.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,235 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 259 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 413 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 512 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 703 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 799 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.