Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Real AHI numbers
Real AHI numbers
From what I've seen a lot of people obsess over their numbers. "I gotta get that 0 events!" I don't really obsess over it but I do like to know what it is and use it as a guide as to whether or not I need to make adjustments. 
However, if your chart looks like this one of mine it's hard to know your real numbers because what I've boxed in red is actually sleep/wake junk so that doesn't even count. 
That being known, I really don't know what my real number would have been for last night...but if you take all that out it looks pretty good to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Real AHI numbers
Just highlight the "good" sleep and the AHI for that area will be calculated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2022, 08:50 AM)Rubicon Wrote: Just highlight the "good" sleep and the AHI for that area will be calculated.

Cool. Hadn't noticed that before. 0.99
Post Reply Post Reply
If i am compare my flow rate with David.  It looks like my whole flow rate was all junk.  I am someone new in this arena.  How can i specifically identify "junk" number from the graph?

I am one not chasing for the zero but i would really wish to know if the numbers has a story to tell since i am using this "measuring tape" aka cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
pearlpearl, you should post this in your therapy thread. There is a lot going on, but notably, your pressure is fixed near the minimum provided in CPAP and clearly needs to be higher. You really need to get minimum pressure to 7.0 and maximum pressure to 11.0 and that should tell us if the obstruction will respond to a higher pressure or if we need to use some additional tools.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2022, 12:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: pearlpearl, you should post this in your therapy thread. There is a lot going on, but notably, your pressure is fixed near the minimum provided in CPAP and clearly needs to be higher.  You really need to get minimum pressure to 7.0 and maximum pressure to 11.0 and that should tell us if the obstruction will respond to a higher pressure or if we need to use some additional tools.
I shouldn't post all over the places.  My apology!  Noted your comment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a bit more skeptical about the "that's just sleep-wake junk" claims since I have a pulse-oximeter. Take this big ugly cluster:
[Image: BigUglyCluster.png?raw=1]
I was asleep, and then I wasn't breathing, and my oxygen dove, mask started leaking, positional apnea -- a veritable cluster -- and then I was awake! This was not waking causing junk, this was junk destroying my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2022, 10:33 PM)cathyf Wrote: This was not waking causing junk, this was junk destroying my sleep.

Definitely a BUC, not a SWJ!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,015 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 537 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.