Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lowest AHI, worst nights sleep
Lowest AHI, worst nights sleep
Isn't it funny that when you wake up feeling like you have had a bad night and look at the AHI and its the best its ever been?! Aaargh.

I tried sleeping on my side last night to get number of obstructions down, and I think it worked. I had the least number of obstructions so far now I have a data logging machine.

I suspect that I had a bad night is because my hips and shoulders are aching and that, to me, kept me awake for a lot of the night. Of course that is not really the case, I am sure I slept well, but boy, do I feel rough in the body this morning. The head is okay I am pleased to say.

This is a ying/yang thing. Back sleep well and endure a higher number of obstructions or side sleep and wake feeling sore but lower obstructions?

The difference in AHI is <3 V. <1.5 so roughly half. I think I will try back sleeping tonight - only 16 hours to wait!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lowest AHI, worst nights sleep
well you dont have Sleep Disordered Breathing while not Sleeping Bigwink

Side sleeping... needs a pillow that can put u in a "spine neutral" position. need to have head straight above spine and not slanted up or down. I just got a shredded memory foam pillow, and have been side sleeping on it for a week and I think Im in love!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lowest AHI, worst nights sleep
(12-01-2015, 01:14 AM)DariaVader Wrote: well you dont have Sleep Disordered Breathing while not Sleeping Bigwink

Side sleeping... needs a pillow that can put u in a "spine neutral" position. need to have head straight above spine and not slanted up or down. I just got a shredded memory foam pillow, and have been side sleeping on it for a week and I think Im in love!

Yes Yes Yes to shredded memory foam pillow ! I've had mine for a year now and no more pain!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 210 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 581 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.