Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Really Long Negative Number
Really Long Negative Number
Good afternoon,
Using the latest version of OSCAR (downloaded and installed yesterday).
Also did my first import yesterday, and everything looked normal.
I did another import today for today's data, Went to my overview screen, and I got an oddly large negative number for last night's pressure [Oct 21].
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really Long Negative Number
It seems you switched from APAP mode to CPAP. The statistical data is kept separately,and I suspect that that OSCAR didn't handle the change properly.
I'd like you to zip the entire SD card into a file and upload it to Bonjour's Dropbox so That I can look at it and figure out how to handle that properly. Also I'd like to see data from a recent Autoset to see if it has changed.
Instructions fo zipping are in the wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Card_Data
Please send me a PM when you are ready to upload the file.

OSCAR Lead Developer
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
APAP to CPAP mode in OSCAR or on my machine? Because I haven't changed any clinical settings on my machine.
Otherwise, I have a ZIP file to send you.
Thanks,
Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh, Ding! the colour block for the 21st was all one colour, but the tool tip SAYS 'APAP min 6 max 12' -
Definitely something weird here.
I've sent you an upload link for your file.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

The same thing in my OSCAR.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had similair big numbers with Oscar 1.1.0 t4.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the interested, that big negative number is 24 bits on 1 followed by 104 bits of 0. At a guess that would be the most negative floating point number, the result of dividing by zero perhaps.
Spioch, your profile says you have a Remstar Pro - if that is correct, it suggests the problem may not be in the ResMed loader, which was my first guess. This is useful information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2019, 04:12 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Spioch, your profile says you have a Remstar Pro - if that is correct, it suggests the problem may not be in the ResMed loader, which was my first guess. This is useful information.

That is correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed a number of problems that resulted in large, negatives numbers for AHI calculations. I think the phantom date problem could also lead to that result. But I don't recall whether I fixed anything related to pressure. These fixes were in testing-4 or maybe even after that. Sorry, I can't find my notes on when those fixes were made.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it is worth, I have had the same issue, since SH days.  I do not know if this is a coincidence, but the machine mode setting (only in the Statistics tab) somehow is being set to CPAP rather than APAP and the pressure is read out as a huge negative number.  I have not set the machine to CPAP since 2016, yet over the same time interval, there have been 16 "changes" to the machine listed under the Statistics tab.  If I go to the individual dates of the alleged changes and review the daily data, it shows that the machine is in APAP mode, not CPAP.

Running OSCAR 1.1.0-testing-4 built from source on Ubuntu 18.04
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 675 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Extremely Large Negative AHI's rafimf 4 675 03-06-2021, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR- Last time the machine was used is negative one (-1) days ago with 1.2.0. nl255 1 658 01-26-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Difference in AHI Number mawaw1992 6 869 01-11-2021, 10:25 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  OSCAR suggestion - API integration (Long term) Damiansd 3 829 02-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR vs DreamMapper AHI Number 3rdMarDiv 4 2,233 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
Question Long load time for SD Card tlippy 1 1,125 11-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.