Really? Man on the moon.........??
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

Sex: Male

RE: Really? Man on the moon.........??
Elvis has a lot of folks running interference for him. Every time I go to Vegas I see him, he moves around faster than Santa Claus.
11-11-2014 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

The truly sad thing is that I'm not sure who's joking here and who isn't.

Makes me think of the story that someone was saying Obama was sending US troops to Africa so they could spread Ebola in Texas so Texas couldn't vote against him in the 2016 election. There probably are people who believe this.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
11-15-2014 01:12 AM
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

(11-15-2014 01:12 AM)archangle Wrote:  The truly sad thing is that I'm not sure who's joking here and who isn't.

Makes me think of the story that someone was saying Obama was sending US troops to Africa so they could spread Ebola in Texas so Texas couldn't vote against him in the 2016 election. There probably are people who believe this.

Im your Huckleberry LOL. So you know at least one for sure.

Do the mirrors on the moon prove they did? Nope.

Would I put it past the Federal Government to fake it? Nope.

Were there a lot of reasons for them too fake it? Yep.

Does it seem odd to me that we land a man on the moon several times then suddenly we cant get out of low earth orbit. Yep.

Could they have faked it back then and got by with it? Yep. Anybody in a position to know that has or would now say they did would instantly be discredited as a loony toons or meet with a timely accident or "natural death".

Am I saying I believe for sure they faked it? No.
Am I saying Id bet the farm a person ever stepped foot on the moon? No

In all honesty? Dont-know
11-15-2014 01:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

I see no reason to have faked it, to be honest, and plenty of clear evidence that it really happened. In fact, so much clear evidence that there is no credible argument against it. The reason that no one has left Earth orbit since then is that a) the mission was refocussed post moon landing, partly due to budgetary constraints and lack of political will, and b) mostly due to no useful reason to return to the moon at the time, the necessary science and the ego-boosting exercise having been done. Colonisation was never a priority, and unmanned missions were more efficient, safer and cheaper. Once the Buck Rodgers bit was done, there was a need to stop with the seat of the pants approach, find new, sustainable technologies and at the same time, expand the earth sciences remit, which makes perfect sense (and no, I am not speaking as an expert. I have a friends at ESA, who explained this to me and is an expert, and who is now watching his wee lander on the comet and kind of crying a bit - since it seems to be in real trouble because of the lack of power).
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 11:04 AM by DocWils.)
11-15-2014 11:03 AM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

(11-15-2014 11:03 AM)DocWils Wrote:  I have a friends at ESA, who explained this to me and is an expert, and who is now watching his wee lander on the comet and kind of crying a bit - since it seems to be in real trouble because of the lack of power).

Yep....... 50 years ago we could send guys to the moon and perform all sorts of crazy go nutz things to get them there and back safely, but now we can't land a chunk of metal on a goofy looking ball without losing power to it. One would think technology would advance, not contract. But I know not... I'm just a humble old retired_guy sucking on my cpap machine.
11-15-2014 12:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Other Comments:

The knowledge hasn't shrunk - the machine landed in a shadow and there was no way to determine that in advance. They shot a marble into space to hit another marble millions of kilometres away and hit a bull's eye. Not bad, IMHO.
11-15-2014 01:36 PM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

(11-15-2014 01:36 PM)DocWils Wrote:  The knowledge hasn't shrunk - the machine landed in a shadow and there was no way to determine that in advance. They shot a marble into space to hit another marble millions of kilometres away and hit a bull's eye. Not bad, IMHO.

Yep.. Now, if they could just make one of those marbles that knew how to come home. That would be good. Maybe a really long string like they (apparently) had 50 years ago when they fired a pellet gun at the moon??
11-15-2014 01:41 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

I'm not saying I believe in the "we didn't go to the moon" theory. When I was younger, i thought all such conspiracy theory stuff was looney-tunes bat-crazy.

Since then, I've personally seen and experienced things that (had someone told me about them 20 years ago) I would have called them "crazy conspiracy theorists".

These days, truth is stranger than fiction on many fronts, but especially in the realm of world politics and major organized religions. I'm I'm as serious as a heart attack.

One reason as to why many people don't believe what some consider "proven" conspiracies is because when faced with solid evidence, they experience cognitive dissonance and a large dose of normalcy bias causing them to refuse to believe in anything that might upset their limited world view. They will even attack someone as a "lunatic" who might be trying to warn them in advance.

Prior to 2001, if i would tell you of a conspiracy to fly large commercial airliners into the World Trade Center, and advised you to stay out of lower Manhattan, you most likely would have called me a "conspiracy nutjob". Heck, even after the planes hit, not everyone believed it was all that serious, and several thousand did not leave the buildings in time because of their normalcy bias. Just something to think about.

There are truly loony "conspiracy theories" and then there are completely probable conspiracy theories. Most people lump all of them together, and will probably suffer because of that bias at some point, many times unknowingly. Most people are too lazy to even check the facts when confronted with something that challenges their world-view. Then when they are negatively affected by a particular conspiracy, then will make excuses and blame their troubles on anything except the conspiracy.

The more I live, the more I believe that our schools are teaching a very sanitized and controlled view of world history that has very little to do with what actually happened in the past. The same is happening with our major media regarding current events.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

11-15-2014 11:01 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Other Comments:

Of course your history is sanitised. Read a British, French, Canadian, Swiss and American school history book side by side - you would be surprised how differently they read on the same events. And of course news reports and focuses on what they think makes for a story, not just potting raw data or footage in front of you to make sense of. But the evidence of the moon landing is incontrovertible and overwhelming. Sometime a cigar is just a cigar.
11-16-2014 05:24 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
lab rat Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 8-16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: Satisfied Resmed customer since March 1996

Well they landed on the moon in July 1969 just as I was eating a sandwich and watching it on TV (I lived near the school and came home for lunch).

That was 45 years ago.

A faked landing would involve set designers and makers, lighting guys, cameramen, and a video tape (unless they did it live). It would also require somebody to pay all these people by cash or check.

I'm not aware that anyone in those 45 years has come forward to admit their involvement or expose the hoax. Any nobody seems to have left any notes or diaries about it that were read after their death.

Explain this complete silence.
11-16-2014 06:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adblock & Pale Moon Browser surferdude2 0 80 11-28-2016 03:54 PM
Last Post: surferdude2