Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

RE: Really? Man on the moon.........??
(11-23-2014 10:20 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  ............ we don't risk infecting the rest of Apnea Board with whatever it is we have that causes this kind of anti-social behavior. Coffee

What's that? I will never give up my 28th amendment rights (or whatever number it was) to infect any thread in this board I want to infect! I was born with the right to infect any thread anytime I think I want to do it.

Quarantine me? I'll sue!!! I'll get a bicycle and ride it around and have the news guys put it on tv!!! I'll, ..........well maybe not the bicycle thing. That sounds like a lot hard work.

.......actually, so does the infect thing. Maybe I'll just go have dinner now.
11-23-2014 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

I just read an article describing how some folks are still learning from new analysis techniques applied to the moon rocks brought back during the manned moon missions between 1969 and 1972.

If it's a conspiracy then it continues in the year 2014. That's a long time to keep lying about something that happened during a three-year period over four decades ago.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-29-2014 08:23 PM
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

(12-29-2014 08:23 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  I just read an article describing how some folks are still learning from new analysis techniques applied to the moon rocks brought back during the manned moon missions between 1969 and 1972.

If it's a conspiracy then it continues in the year 2014. That's a long time to keep lying about something that happened during a three-year period over four decades ago.

Not to say they did and not to say they didnt BUT.

If you had rocks that folks thought came from the moon and someone would give you grants and pay you big bucks all your life to keep testing them with "new and improved rock testers":laugh-a-lot:
so you could drive the fanciest SVapap machine down main street and live comfy the rest of your life would YOU tell anybody they were just plain old volcanic rocks or some such???

HUMMMMMMM??????Thinking-aboutBig Grin
12-30-2014 12:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

(11-23-2014 07:38 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:  Gold in Ft. Knox....Yes Virginia, there is gold in Ft. Knox and a Santa Claus (not in Ft. Knox though, he's north of there, Mousetown, Illinois I think). Laugh-a-lot

Ever SEE the Gold in FT Knox???? Not FT Knox Virginia FT Knox Ky.
Supposed to a John Swift Silver Mine around here too but nobody has ever found that either LOl.

And why would Santa whos all magical and stuff like that there live at the North Pole where a nuclear sub might come up and bust thru the ice and see his pad.???Huh

If WE can shoot a tin foil thick lunar lander thru heavy radiation and a shooting gallery of little meteors why dont he just wiggle his nose or stick his finger in it or whatever he was supposed to do in that story and set up shop on the moon??? Huh?, Huh? Well?? Are we there yet are we there yet???Laugh-a-lot
12-30-2014 12:30 AM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(12-30-2014 12:21 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 08:23 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  I just read an article describing how some folks are still learning from new analysis techniques applied to the moon rocks brought back during the manned moon missions between 1969 and 1972.

If you had rocks that folks thought came from the moon and someone would give you grants and pay you big bucks all your life to keep testing them with "new and improved rock testers":laugh-a-lot:
so you could drive the fanciest SVapap machine down main street and live comfy the rest of your life would YOU tell anybody they were just plain old volcanic rocks or some such???

I work at a university hospital, I deal with research grants if not daily, at least weekly. I have lots of friends in academia, and several in geology - trust me, big bucks there ain't, but begging bowls aplenty (come to think of it, plenty of begging bowls in my hospital as well - while daily medicine is decently funded, via insurance, research isn't). Most of the research on the moon rocks today is being conducted by grad students, who are working for next to nothing, or paying for the privilege or getting an education, so, no, I don't think you have a good argument there.

A good argument would be that nothing can fly in space. Of course, then Newtonian physics would take over, but, hey, you gotta be ignorant of some things in order to deny things that really happened, eh?
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 05:08 AM by DocWils.)
12-30-2014 05:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

(12-30-2014 05:06 AM)DocWils Wrote:  
(12-30-2014 12:21 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:  

I work at a university hospital, I deal with research grants if not daily, at least weekly. I have lots of friends in academia, and several in geology - trust me, big bucks there ain't, but begging bowls aplenty (come to think of it, plenty of begging bowls in my hospital as well - while daily medicine is decently funded, via insurance, research isn't). Most of the research on the moon rocks today is being conducted by grad students, who are working for next to nothing, or paying for the privilege or getting an education, so, no, I don't think you have a good argument there.

A good argument would be that nothing can fly in space. Of course, then Newtonian physics would take over, but, hey, you gotta be ignorant of some things in order to deny things that really happened, eh?

No argument lol. Just a thought. But i would hazard a guess that somebody up the chain from student or up to whoever holds sway with where those particular rocks go IS getting paid some fairly decent money for the use of them.

Heck I dont know if they did or they didnt. The news coverage back then admittedly by the ones doing it didnt prove anything except a rocket left the ground and went out of sight several times.
They could have danced a jig up there for all I or anybody else really for sure knows. Or they could not have been anybody in the darn things when they left the ground either. Lot of things say they could have and lot of things say it was and is impossible to put a human out of earth orbit.

So I dont know nor do I much care SHa_biggrin5 My big worry is the Gold that is or isnt in FT Knox, finding the John Swift Silver Mine and of course the existence or not of the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Easter Bunny.

Laugh-a-lot
12-30-2014 11:45 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

A common tactic is to present an apparently ridiculous "conspiracy theory" (such as the theory we never landed on the moon), and put up that one absurd "theory" as proof that all "conspiracy theories" are ridiculous and absurd. The straw man technique at work yet again.

The person who believes there are no conspiracies in this world is purposefully putting their head in the sand, IMHO. All that is necessary for a real conspiracy to exist is for two or more people to conspire together to do something that is harmful to others while hiding their true agenda from the general public. Most of the time, their motivation is the love of money.

... and I have no desire to start another conspiracy theory thread here, trust me...

Just sayin'... Whistle

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

12-30-2014 12:11 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Other Comments:

So, besides NASA, and US prestige, who benefits from everyone believing a man walked on the moon? Just curious.Thinking-about

Finding the gold in Ft. Knox doesn't worry me, finding out where the gold in my teeth went does. Really - I can't find it - the crowns are white again, or a sort of yellow-grey. That scares me, a little. I think my last dentist slipped me a mickey and took them out. Unsure

When I was a young hothead, there was a conspiracy in the US to steal information from the Democrats - they got caught and a president went down - he wasn't the worst president the US ever had, far from it, actually, but he broke the hearts of a nation that seemed to think (for reasons I never could figure out) that politicians, at least if they became president, were honest.Shock A few decades later, another conspiracy, by a members of the same party, pushed the US into a war in a country they had already beat, mainly to shore up support of the waning popularity of a president and his cronies and to make money for a company tied in to people just below the president.Thumbs-down-1 That one broke a planet's heart.Crying-into-tissue

So, yeah, I know conspiracies exist, but have yet to find one that is global in scope. Except, of course, the one about a tomato being a vegetable. It is a fruit. Don't argue! And of course that Santa Claus can give presents to over a billion households in one night all by himself - everyone knows he has help and subcontracts out the assignments. Santa's first name is George, by the way. Not everyone knows that.Happy Eyes

You see, I went through the natural evolution of all hotheads - from firebrand to not giving a damn to being a pedant. That one stays on until I start forgetting to put my trousers on before going out, and then I become immensely happy and at peace with myself and the world. Can't wait....Bouncyoldman
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 01:45 PM by DocWils.)
12-30-2014 01:41 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Other Comments:

Looks like I finally discovered emoticons. Did I use too many there?SHa_biggrin5
12-30-2014 01:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(12-30-2014 01:41 PM)DocWils Wrote:  When I was a young hothead, there was a conspiracy in the US to steal information from the Democrats

(12-30-2014 01:41 PM)DocWils Wrote:  A few decades later, another conspiracy, by a members of the same party, pushed the US into a war

Oh Doc... I'm so proud of you. Blowing-nose You've finally become a conspiracy theorist. Welcome to our little group my friend. We have secret meetings of our "conspiracy theory club" on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, but we must swear you to secrecy so that "they" will not find out about "us". Bigwink

Only, you'll have to sit in the back of the club meetings, since you haven't progressed yet to the elite levels of conspiracy theory. You're still stuck in the "only-Republicans-can-be-part-of-a-conspiracy" level of bias. We who are the elite conspiracy theorists have dropped all such party-centered biases and we now realize that every party has the potential to participate in nefarious conspiracies. Some day, after you've attended enough of our meetings, I hope you will graduate to the elite level of conspiracy, up from your current limited biased level. Too-funny But even so, I'm again proud of you for admitting that conspiracies exist, even if it's only on a national party level, and even if you believe only Republicans are capable of conspiracies.

This is indeed progress that makes me hopeful, but be very careful of what you say now, since you're probably on someone's "list", and your conversations are now being monitored by the n s a.... Shhh

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-30-2014 06:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adblock & Pale Moon Browser surferdude2 0 74 11-28-2016 03:54 PM
Last Post: surferdude2