Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: Really? Man on the moon.........??
(12-30-2014 12:21 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:  If you had rocks that folks thought came from the moon and someone would give you grants and pay you big bucks all your life to keep testing them with "new and improved rock testers":laugh-a-lot:

The point of this article, though, was that one of the most significant means of identifying rocks from different solar system bodies (planets, moons, asteroids, and comets) is the ratio of oxygen isotopes.

Even without any fancy new rock-testing devices it can be determined that the isotope ratios for the moon rocks are different enough from Earth rocks (and rocks from other bodies) that they can easily be identified.

To perpetuate the belief that the manned moon missions were a hoax, it seems you'd need to come up with an alternate theory of how those moon rocks got here. Either that or deny that they are indeed moon rocks. My point is and was that the latter notion seems implausible.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-30-2014 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(12-30-2014 11:45 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:  But i would hazard a guess that somebody up the chain from student or up to whoever holds sway with where those particular rocks go IS getting paid some fairly decent money for the use of them.

Nope!

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-30-2014 08:04 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(12-30-2014 06:45 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Oh Doc... I'm so proud of you. Blowing-nose You've finally become a conspiracy theorist. Welcome to our little group my friend. We have secret meetings of our "conspiracy theory club" on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, but we must swear you to secrecy so that "they" will not find out about "us". Bigwink

I'll bring the Saltines.

(12-30-2014 06:45 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Only, you'll have to sit in the back of the club meetings, since you haven't progressed yet to the elite levels of conspiracy theory. You're still stuck in the "only-Republicans-can-be-part-of-a-conspiracy" level of bias.

Er, I don't believe that Republicans are the only baddies in party politics in the US - as far as I can see, dickishness is pretty evenly spread around, but those are the only ones I know about as of yet - I mean, they were pretty glaring, weren't they?

(12-30-2014 06:45 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  We who are the elite conspiracy theorists have dropped all such party-centered biases and we now realize that every party has the potential to participate in nefarious conspiracies. Some day, after you've attended enough of our meetings, I hope you will graduate to the elite level of conspiracy, up from your current limited biased level. Too-funny But even so, I'm again proud of you for admitting that conspiracies exist, even if it's only on a national party level, and even if you believe only Republicans are capable of conspiracies.

I've aways admitted a possibility, just that they require great proof and of course, have to seem likely.

(12-30-2014 06:45 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  This is indeed progress that makes me hopeful, but be very careful of what you say now, since you're probably on someone's "list", and your conversations are now being monitored by the n s a.... Shhh

Errrr.... I already am, and also by the Swiss secret police. I have a file as think as my thigh - I've seen it - back when I traveled to the Soviet Union regularly on conferences, all the people I worked with, my suspect travels to the US, my activism in Doctors Against Nuclear Weapons, everything. They had a nice picture of me shaking Pierre Trudeau's hand - I asked them if I could have a copy - he is kind of a hero of mine. They did not know how to respond, but eventually sent me a copy after making all sorts of excuses why they could not (state secret, that sort of thing). So I have been under surveillance for a very long time. My wife was also under surveillance because she studied in East Berlin. She has a pretty thick file, too, and I would guess her Stasi file is also pretty thick, since she was under constant surveillance by the Stasi while in East Berlin. I got questioned by some very MIB looking types from the US about a physicist i know (actually, i know her sister well - he I only know a bit, advising him on who he could sell some of his discoveries to), because he works on cold fusion and other things (including LEDs so powerful they could be weaponised), and I discovered I was on a no fly list to the US for a while, but they admitted it might have been a paranoid reaction and removed me from it - they even apologizedAmazing.

I find it kind of funny and my brother and I have a sort of joke now where every phone conversation we work in something that would set the black hats off, just to see if we can get a rise out of them - it is a foolish thing, of course, these people are grim people, but I get a kick out of it. I think they know we are pulling their legs, we make it pretty obvious, but every now and then, I get strange consultations in my practice, and I am pretty sure they are plants to check up on me.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 08:30 PM by DocWils.)
12-30-2014 08:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Doc, just wondering your thoughts about Edward Snowden - hero or traitor?

I tend to lean on the side of hero since he exposed the real traitors who secretly record and spy on most all our communications. I'd be interested in hearing your perspective regarding his actions.

Thinking-about

EDIT: forgot to say congrats on finding the emoticons. Too-funnySHa_biggrin5CoffeeEat-popcorn

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-30-2014 08:41 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Other Comments:

A brave man, but with caveats - he is a traitor to his employers, but a hero (and I use the term advisedly and with reservations) in exposing wrong-doing against great personal risk. But it is a more complicated picture, because he is also a villain in that he put a lot of people in harm's way and very real danger by his actions. So, mixed bag, really. I admire his doing something to expose wrong-doing, I don't admire his indiscrimination in the people he exposed. It is one thing to expose wrong doing, it is entirely another to give information that can get people killed, and The Great Game is a deadly one. I guess it puts him somewhere in between.

What amuses me is the shock of "friendly" governments at the revelations that they were being spied on, while they were doing the same thing. It reminds me of the scene in Casablanca where Louis is outraged and shocked to find gambling at Rick's, interrupting his tirade to accept his winnings with a polite thank you.
12-30-2014 09:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

(12-30-2014 12:11 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  A common tactic is to present an apparently ridiculous "conspiracy theory" (such as the theory we never landed on the moon), and put up that one absurd "theory" as proof that all "conspiracy theories" are ridiculous and absurd. The straw man technique at work yet again.

You notice how every time SS looks like losing an argument he trots out his straw man theory? I think he's proved pretty adept at putting up this straw man of his own. Thinking-about

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

12-30-2014 10:12 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

EDIT: no reply. It's not worth it to waste time like this. Yeah, you guys win. There are no conspiracies in the world, only happy people in happy towns who have nothing but blue skies, rainbows and unicorns that poop out candy corn on a daily basis. There are no evil people, only good people. No one in government would ever conspire to do something bad.

I want whatever drugs you guys are taking. Too-funny Maybe it's the same drugs that the people who claim we never went to the moon are taking. Both positions are loonie, IMHO.

Bye-bye, folks... Wave

I'm done in this thread.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-31-2014 12:03 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Snowden took an oath to take his secrets to the grave; and he broke that oath.
He is a man without honor.

And, Doc, you are on the Belgian watch list for dis'ing their chocolate!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 10:24 AM by justMongo.)
12-31-2014 08:52 AM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Other Comments:

When did I diss Belgian chocolate? What does diss mean?
12-31-2014 11:28 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

(12-31-2014 11:28 AM)DocWils Wrote:  When did I diss Belgian chocolate? What does diss mean?

It's hood slang for "Disrespected"

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
12-31-2014 11:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adblock & Pale Moon Browser surferdude2 0 74 11-28-2016 03:54 PM
Last Post: surferdude2