Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Chipmunk cheeks and AirSense 10
Chipmunk cheeks and AirSense 10
Airsense 10 and pillows. Chipmunk cheeks reduced using silk tape across the lips to keep air from leaking out of lips. Changed the ramp time on the machine from off to 30 minutes. If I have the slightest leak, the pressure elevates and those puff of air torments me inside my mouth. The pressure stays high and annoying. Turned the machine off and back on last night and it starts the ramp of 30 minutes to let me go back to sleep. 

Once that pressure gets so high from the slightest lip leak, it stays that high and it won't reduce. This is the reason I turned the machine off and back on. 

A better idea would for me to change to a full mask. I've tried it and I hated them. The pillows to me are like sleeping before I had apnea. 

Note: My pressure settings top is 11 and I can't imagine the rush of air in the mouth with a higher pressure. All my results are right on the mark.
Coffee 

Love my silk tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chipmunk cheeks and AirSense 10
Hiya Babag1

Welcome to the forum. I had the mother of all leaks when I first started. I couldn't tolerate the FFM and kept taking it off and with ramp of 45 minutes, within 15 minutes later I would tear of the mask and effectively was not having any sleep through the night. It was all horrible.

Reading widely here confirmed the P10 might be useful. With the added help of a soft cervical collar in aligning my neck and as a prop to keep my mouth closed, I experimented with the pressing of my tongue against the roof of my mouth. After days/weeks I could see improvement through being monitored via sleepyhead helped by various gurus here.

All above allowed me to experiment with reduction of pressure from titration level of 16.8 to 10.6 currently. This has added bonus of keeping aerophagia under control.

Glad to read your therapy is also going in the right direction.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Chipmunk cheeks/mouth puffing her.suit 2 453 01-29-2024, 08:56 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Chipmunk cheeks solutions SystemF 2 1,030 07-13-2023, 02:42 AM
Last Post: barney999
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,484 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Mask fit - chipmunk cheeks Jmellarkey 0 781 01-07-2023, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Jmellarkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.