Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Really strange mask pressure reading
Really strange mask pressure reading
Last night I had an utterly bizarre mask pressure blip right before a couple of events.
[Image: OddMaskPressure.png?raw=1]The flow rate did a wild gyration, while the mask pressure did an even wilder ride. The pressure curve didn't budge, until the two OAs caused it to nudge up a bit. But during that wild jump there was nothing else really going on -- a tiny leak, no flow limits.

It almost looks like some sort of bug in the code that's processing the sensor data? The machine can only put out a pressure of 20 -- it would take some serious violations of the laws of physics to generate a mask pressure of 40 out of that, LOL. Here's a one-minute closeup of the weirdness:
[Image: OddBlipCloseup.png?raw=1]
Did I stumble upon some sort of bug in the Air11 code?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really strange mask pressure reading
Question: did your mask vibrate when this happens?
It could be due to mask leak the leak graph is detecting leak and maybe motor trying to compensate it
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I know what it was -- a sneeze!

Last night right after I turned the machine on I sneezed three times.
[Image: 3Sneeze.png?raw=1]
(Full sequence of events: masked up, powered up, realized that I forgot to plug my cell phone in for the night, turned machine off and unhooked the hose and grabbed my phone, hooked the hose back on and restarted, settled into bed, sneezed 3 times.)

Here's a closeup:
[Image: 3SneezeCloseup.png?raw=1]
So that means that the 11-second OA a minute later would count as sleep-wake junk, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
God-Bless you! (x3) Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting question is that I never saw anything like that over 7 years of air10 and vauto10 use, and surely I sneezed a few times over that long a period.

So does this count as an algorithm change in the 11 series? And/or some sort of new/different sensor(s)?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,380 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 367 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 689 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,370 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 264 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 397 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 420 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.