Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Really struggling with new AirSense10 VPAP, please help!
Gross 
Really struggling with new AirSense10 VPAP, please help!
I asked about another issue with this already and everyone was very helpful so I am hoping you can help me again because I am at my wits end and I have to use the machine or return it!

So I got my new AirSense10 VPAP on Monday upgrading from my old S8 which served me great for 6 years. I am having major problems with this machine...

First the noise that comes out of the air intake on the machine where the filter sits sounds like Darth Vader breathing...this is on inhale. I hear this is normal and I can solve this by just moving the intake away from my head.

Second and here is the real question. My numbers are a min of 12 and a max of 20. I use a 45 minute ramp on the machine. I use this same 45 minute ramp on my S8 and I can fall asleep fine (the max pressure on the S8 is 19). If both machines start out at 4 for the ramp then how can the S8 feel comfortable and the AirSense10 feel like a shotgun blast of air to the point where its opening my mouth so wide my cheeks hurt. I asked my ST this and he said "um I really dont know, maybe the technology" It makes no sense that on a 4 pressure with ramp both machines feel different!

Right now I either have to figure out how to use this new machine or take it back and look at other ones which just delays the process...its driving me crazy. I am using the AirFit10 mask full face also but tried 3 different masks and all same result

Please help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really struggling with new AirSense10 VPAP, please help!
That is pretty weird. If you are using the exact same mask on both, than something is wrong with one, or both of them. It could be that your old pap is no longer supplying the pressure it is supposed to. This happens with old machines. So the reason you don't feel it is because a pressure of 8 is really around 4.

Or...it could be that the old one is fine and the A10 is supplying too much pressure.

Or...they could be be on the fritz. The only way to know for sure is to test both of them for pressure (or take them to your DME, they can test them).

As a side note...most people not only don't feel anything at 4, most people feel starved for air.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really struggling with new AirSense10 VPAP, please help!
Hold on -- We should first clarify your pressure settings because you're on a VPAP Auto. Is 12-20 a range (you referred to min and max), or are you on fixed IPAP 20 and fixed EPAP 12? If you are in Auto mode then we need to know Max IPAP, Min EPAP, and pressure support (PS). If you're in straight bilevel mode then let's confirm IPAP and EPAP settings.

And was your S8 also an auto bilevel machine? What were all the settings on that machine? You don't want to be comparing apples to oranges if there are differences between the settings of the two machines.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 64 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 270 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 223 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 906 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 368 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.