Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead imports seem to be getting slower
SleepyHead imports seem to be getting slower
I've been using SleepyHead for about 2 years now and my imports seem to be getting slower and slower over time. I had thought for a while it was just because my laptop was really slow, but I just got a new one recently and it still takes just as long. I haven't timed it exactly, but probably in the 30 second range. But when I first started using SleepyHead the imports would be done in just a few seconds (even on my slow old laptop).

I do have backups & compression turned on in preferences, but those have been turned on since I first started using SleepyHead so nothing has changed there.

Everything is being written to a local drive (and then synced via Dropbox).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead imports seem to be getting slower
Have you limited the import date in SleepyHead? File->Preferences->Import - Check -> "Do Not Import Sessi9ons Older Than:"
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 03:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you limited the import date in SleepyHead?  File->Preferences->Import  - Check -> "Do Not Import Sessi9ons Older Than:"

No, din't know I should.  I'll see if it makes a difference.  I've only been using SH since Feb 'rue' arry so I don't have as much data (many data) as Baggend must have but I've noticed it's slow as well.  However, I've blamed it on my favorite scapegoat: Windoze.  Thanks for the tip, Crim(inal?) Laugh-a-lot

No, really, sin-sear-aly.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I've noticed that the Windows version of SleepyHead takes considerably longer for import than the Linux version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 04:35 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I've noticed that the Windows version of SleepyHead takes considerably longer for import than the Linux version.

By design, no doubt.

I'd bet that running SH in the Ubuntu option would be even slower than in Win10, but I can't afford to lose the dime I would have wagered.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bring the import date forward, can you still look at the statistics and overview data from earlier? I don't know for sure, but I suspect you won't be able to look at them.

Another possibility is to archive the data on your SD card weekly or monthly and then re-format it so you never have a lot of data for SleepyHead to scan through. It's a thing JediMark commented on and why he has reworked his import and database routines. It does seem to be more of a problem for Windows systems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm running on Mac. And I'm pretty sure that my SD card only stores data for about a month at a time. I've forgotten to do an import for a while before and lost a couple of days of data that were over a month old.

But I'll double-check the card when I get home just to see if it looks like there's still data there from further back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem until a windows update deleted everything in the documents folder from from my c drive. was amazed when I downloaded sd card data for first time afterwards and even with 1.5 yrs data it now starts up quickly. somewhere along the line I also toggled the box to keep data in memory.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR 1.5.2 slower processing? retro 2 217 03-20-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: retro
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 216 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: capman
Gross CMS50D+ Imports, But where is the data? dojo 22 2,907 11-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: dapal
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,624 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.