Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Really stuck here, can't get SleepyHead to work on my new Airsense 10
Really stuck here, can't get SleepyHead to work on my new Airsense 10
Hi,
I just got a new Airsense 10 Auto for Her on Saturday. The online store did the settings for me according to my doctor's prescription.
I have 2 significant problems:

1. SleepyHead - I downloaded the beta version for Mac (I can't find the older one) and the only information I get is the name of the device with no other data being read from the card. Does someone have a link to a previous version of SH that might work better?

2. The Airsense 10 - it gently increases pressure as I am falling asleep BUT I wake up in the middle of the night with horrible jaw pain, and the device is pumping a lot of pressure.
PS - I have excellent seal with my Pillairo Q nasal pillows mask and the pressure settings are 5-12 as indicated. Using the clear tubing that is unheated.

Would really appreciate your suggestions to get over this initial setback... I had been using a PR System One 560 for 4 yrs just fine until recently; the loud hissing/chirping sounds it was making were making it difficult for me to fall asleep.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really stuck here, can't get SleepyHead to work on my new Airsense 10
Hi Sleepingzzz - Welcome
Two things come to mind. First, did you create a new user profile? and Two, Did you use the link at the top of the page for your download? If not, here it is: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Also, make sure the checksum matches the value on the link. SHA1: c49000b5498a7ed9f6f0d40c5cd31a88043ba221

This will validate that you don't have a corrupted download.

That's the best advice I can offer at this time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson Nape,

Thank you for the suggestions. I went to the download site and picked the US mirror and was able to install.
Here are my beginner questions:

1. Am I suppose to create a different user profile now that I am using the Airsense 10? I would like to compare it to my PR 560 results, so how should I proceed.

2. Checksum??? that is not in my vocabulary. Would you be able to direct me please?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It would appear that trying to use different machines with one profile has a glitch. It is best to create a different profile for each machine. As far as a checksum calculator, search using the term,"free checksum calculator for mac". After you download one, you will want one that calculates a SHA1 value. To use it, select the SleepyHeadDistroName.dmg you downloaded. It will calculate the checksum. You compare this value to the one I listed above or at the download site. They have to match or you have a bad download.

Good Luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that worked.

I'll discuss my other issue in the other group!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 383 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 607 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Stuck in previous pressure settings. ejbpesca 9 960 10-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 541 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  F Buttons dont work Dugy40 11 1,297 08-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Dugy40
  How OSCAR all functionalities work can anyone give brief idea about it. skvbksc321 6 716 10-18-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 5.9.0.9629 Report Date Stuck Fran 2 751 10-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Fran

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.