Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rebreathing / acceptable flow
RE: Rebreathing / acceptable flow
I appreciate it, I feel believe that that is for inhale and not exhale, but I could be wrong. Anyone with expertise in this would be greatly appreciated. I do know that the regular f30, Which I believe is the one you mentioned, has significantly more flow than the dw, and the F30i has slightly more than the DW.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's been a bit, but wanted to revisit.   I gave the new F30i a try, it's pretty great. It definitely ports more air. There are more holes across the front, it's louder, and there are more holes on the elbow up top.  It does *not* use the regular elbows, just an FYI, it uses a different kind. It's not as modular as the dreamwear system is. I do not have any headaches at all and it feels great. I do have a physical fitting issue, and it's unfortunately not going to work for me without a top strap, like the Regular F30 does, but that's ok. Just for kicks, I went back to the dreamwear full face mask for a night, even with 0 leaks, I felt terrible as I was drifting off to sleep, feeling very stoned and sluggish. I woke up with a horrible headache behind the eyes. 0 leaks, same pressure, same everything else. I feel like I can definitively say that the rebreathing issue is for sure an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Specifically what version of OSCAR are you running? There were date issues in both SH and OSCAR when released that have been resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never saw this reply ???. I Believe I have one of the original releases, right after the transition from SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been literally hundreds of changes since then, including major changes to the ResMed and PR loaders. This includes the elimination of literally guessed duration data. Highly recommended to update to the newest version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool beans. I use multiple independent developers software in my business, so I’m typically hesitant with updates when things appear stable. But I’ll update when I have a chance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 293 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,601 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 499 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.