Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recall and Sleep Tech Inc Labs
Recall and Sleep Tech Inc Labs
This is an FYI to show how the industry is being impacted by the Recall.

Quote:[color=var(--posttitletextcolor)]As a Sleep Tech and CPAP User
[Image: renderTimingPixel.png]
[/color]
I want to tell you guys that what happened with the recall is very upsetting. I’m also here to provide insight on how we are dealing with it. Only so you guys are aware as far as getting supplies and even scheduling sleep studies. It has hit us HARD and it’s even affecting our jobs and wages. Not telling you this for sympathy but to let you guys be aware due to delays
  • many sleep labs use pap machines on patients during sleep studies made by Philips. When it was recalled, it affected out sleep lab beds as well. There are sleep labs beginning to borrow machines from other labs because they can’t get any from ResMed. It has caused sleep labs to close nights and techs get sent home with no pay

• even if there are sleep labs with the machines, many aren’t performing titration (cpap) studies due to covid and possibility of viral overload with covid-19 even if you’re vaccinated or negative covid test. And because they don’t know when you’d get a device

• techs/therapists who take time to setup pap supplies are getting laid off due to lack of supply with setting up devices

• doctors unable to give feedback they want to give. No answers from Philips. If you don’t wear a mask you could die from sleep apnea. If you wear it, you have the possibility of carcinogenic effects. Please talk to a doctor to find out the best case scenario for you
[size=undefined][size=undefined]
As a sleep tech, I only found out due to a post in a Facebook group, along with many other sleep techs and respiratory therapists. Not even DME/labs knew of this until it was announced
I ended up in the ICU 2 years ago due to sepsis and abscess on my tonsils. I wear CPAP due to sleep apnea diagnosis. It was a Respironics machine. I’ve been out of luck and don’t wear it now. I wonder if I qualify for lawsuit. I nearly died. Had to get my tonsils removed due to it
I hate that you guys are going through this. I can’t believe this isn’t all over national news because this is significant[/size]
[/size]

https://www.reddit.com/r/SleepApnea/comm...cpap_user/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,630 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 307 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,862 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,448 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Mask recall? rltarbu 8 496 01-28-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.