Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need comments on SleepyHead data - CPAP pressure too low? (1st time to upload graphs)
Need comments on SleepyHead data - CPAP pressure too low? (1st time to upload graphs)
This is my first time to try uploading graphs from SleepyHead.

I have been using CPAP therapy for a couple of months. I am using a fixed pressure of 7.0 cm H2O, no ramp, and C-Flex = 1. (expiratory pressure relief setting of 1)

When I look at these graphs it makes me think that my fixed pressure of 7.0 is too low. Just checking to see what others think.

Thanks.

P.S. I had my first follow-up visit to my sleep doctor in late February. All he said was that my AHI was just over 5 and that was a great improvement from the 50-something recorded during my sleep study.

I know I have a lot more to learn about these graphs and how to interpret them. At the moment I'm feeling frustrated that I don't have a working printer. I'm feeling the need for a hard copy that I can mark up of the Beginner's Guide to Using SleepyHead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5opw3a7m0hoyr...6.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpvnztmyzrej0v...9.JPG?dl=0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need comments on SleepyHead data - CPAP pressure too low? (1st time to upload graphs)
i think that VS2 of 23 is a good indication you would see some benefits from a higher pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need comments on SleepyHead data - CPAP pressure too low? (1st time to upload graphs)
(03-07-2016, 05:10 PM)green wings Wrote: This is my first time to try uploading graphs from SleepyHead.

if you follow these excellent instructions, (three pages, one to organize, one to screenshot properly, and one to upload to imgur,) your screenshots will convey much more helpful information:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply, Rob. I'm not sure what the VS2 number means. I read in the SleepyHead wiki that "VS2 snores are recorded by all Philips Respironics machines. They have both a time stamp and a "magnitude" number attached to them. In the SleepyHead list, when you look at the detailed information for each VS snore event, there will be a NON-zero number in the in parenthesis for that event. Whether that number represents the length the snoring went on or some kind of measure of the loudness of the snoring is anybody's guess. We really do not know the significance of that number."

so I wasn't sure what to make of it. How do you interpret it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plwq37otsn9vn2...3.JPG?dl=0

(03-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Rob S Wrote: i think that VS2 of 23 is a good indication you would see some benefits from a higher pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
i only interpreted it as (you're snoring) and snoring most of the night, indicating your current pressure is incapable of keeping your airway completely open.
Post Reply Post Reply
That does make sense. Smile Thanks.

(03-07-2016, 06:36 PM)Rob S Wrote: i only interpreted it as (you're snoring) and snoring most of the night, indicating your current pressure is incapable of keeping your airway completely open.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think anyone really knows what the VS2 means on the PR machines. You certainly have a lot of them.

The VS are actual snores and pressure will respond to VS snores but not to VS2 snores.

Your AHI isn't bad, it is under 5, but you have been at this pressure of 7 for a couple months now, so mabye bump it up to 7.5 or 8 and see if it takes care of some of those apnea events and VS2 snores.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, OpalRose. That's what I was thinking but wanted to get other opinions. I keep meaning to turn on my SleepBot app to record sound while I'm sleeping to see if I really am snoring all night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help with OSCAR upload NAVEENMOHAN 4 371 03-18-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 101 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.