Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Received old Resmed aircurve S10 vauto?
Angry 
Received old Resmed aircurve S10 vauto?
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but I would really like your advice.

I had a Philips Dreamstation CPAP under hospital subscription.  But because of the Philips Recall, and the lack of response from the hospital, I bought a Resmed 10 Aircurve VAuto on CPAPstore.eu.

That online shop is located in Bulgaria, but I live in Belgium. It seems the 4g connection is ok to the Proximus Belgian network, but it remains greyed out. So that doesn't work.

In the clinical menu a lot of options are missing that I see in the video's on internet. There is no 'auto' in the ramp setting, there is no trigger option, no ti min, ti max, ...

The serial number suggests the year of creation is 2021, however I do think my software might be outdated. Version CX-567-0401.

Anyone any ideas how to get these options, and how to get the 4g connection working?

I'm really desperate, cause I've spent almost 2000 euro's for a privately funded machine, which does not what all you guys show in online video's.

The shop itself does not respond to my support questions.

Thanks in advance,

Jos
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Received old Resmed aircurve S10 vauto?
In the Options Menu, set Essentials to Plus.

To do this you will need access the clinician's menu.

I don't recall the specifics but I think it uses 3G, which is no longer available in many parts of the world. You don't really need this anyway as long as you have OSCAR.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the fast reply.  The essentials Plus is set, but that only makes more options available to the user, that does not give more options in the clinical menu.

I'm not worried for the connection for MyAir, indeed we can use Oscar for that (still using Sleepyhead  Smile ), but it also uses this connection to do a firmware update.

Anyone with resmed Vauto that does have these options that can tell me which software version they are on?

Thanks,

Jos
Post Reply Post Reply
You get to the clinician menu by pressing the round button and home button together holding it for abou 5 seconds. (Both on the front not the top)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I know, but once in the menu, these options are simply not there.  I can change Max IPAP, Min EPAP, PS and Mask in VAUto Therapy.  There is nothing more in the Therapy section.  On videos I see other people having much more options.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you obtained a clinician's manual for your VAuto? That may help explain where to look for the options you can't find.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I did get the manual.  And the options should just be in the menu.  Also when I look to video's online, these options are just there.  Very strange .., and the shop does not respond at all.

Can you please tell me what is the SW version of your Aircurve 10 VAuto?  Since it cannot connect to the network, I'm starting to think it cannot install a firmware update.  

My version is SX-567-0401

Jos
Post Reply Post Reply
SW in the About section on my VAuto is also SX567-0401.

Ramp does not have an "Auto" settings. It is either a fixed time up to 45 minutes or is "off."

What is the model number of your machine? This should be a 5-digit number. Mine is 37028 but there are a variety of different numbers that may also reflect the country of origin.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply.  Mine is 37109.  

The store just replied:

"The Vauto device according to the ResMed reference of the region we arw based doesn't have these, Trigger, Auto ramping, Ti min, TI Max. That's why we doesn't mention these settings on the website.
These functions are available for certain models and for certain countries."

Why would you make a Vauto without these options?

Jos

Post Reply Post Reply
Jos

My Vauto came from a supplier listed here on the forum via the USA.

All functions are there.

(Made in Singapore so the Modem does not work here in Australia. Like you said this is a non-issue.)

These are my details:

Arrived Dec 22nd

RUN HOURS: 0 (ZERO)

SN 23192245352
DN 485
Ref 37051
Lot 1381205

CX Number: CX036-009-013-026-101-100-101
SW SX567-0401

Humidifier: SX 556-0204

Internal Modem:
SW SX558-0505
SN 23192245352
Voda AU 4G
Service -12.4

Are you able to return this for a refund?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 101 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 982 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 149 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 686 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 148 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,362 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 217 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.