Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recent Sleep Study Results
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
It was a sleep doctor. He has every symptom of sleep apnea which is why I thought it was. A doctor before which diagnosed the mono thought it was narcolepsy.
Post Reply Post Reply
That could be a problem, I think the sleep study was done during a good phase. We thought it was at first still the mono until one night he went to sleep and I stayed up to listen to him sleep and recorded the gasping. So then I started to research and most all his symptoms added up to sleep apnea. 

We are in SC but I don't  think the mosquitoes have been too terrible in our area. 

Last night he slept on his side most of the night and I noticed his snoring was not as terrible as most.

No he doesnt take any prescribed medicines
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people sew a tennis ball into the back of their t-shirt/bedshirt to encourage 'side sleeping'.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you listened/recorded him gasping were you able to tell if it was an obstructive type gasping (chest continued to move but no breathing occurred until finally there is a big breath followed by some makeup breaths) or if it was central (appeared to stop breathing, chest was not moving then after a bit starts breathing again and takes some bigger breaths)?

Did you notice this any particular time (shortly after he falls asleep, later in the morning etc) this happens?
Post Reply Post Reply
It was dark so hard to tell but it sounded like his chest stopped moving then he would suddenly take a big gasp and start back. He would start to snore really loud then it would happen then he would go back to normal sleeping. When he would start to snore is when I could tell it was about to happen. And it was after about an hour of sleeping or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your problem solved ? If not, couple of things to consider

Here is a link to a presentation that explains sleep study results. In particular if you go to slide 9, it shows how much time we spend in various stages of sleep by age. So for your husband, it seems that something like 15% REM and 10% N3 for a total of 25% or 2hrs out of 8hr sleep would be normal
https://www.thoracic.org/professionals/c...primer.pdf

So no time spent in N3 does seem like an anomaly to me and N3 being the deep stage it also makes sense that it would cause the fatigue symptoms you mentioned. Perhaps it is the sleeping in supine and snoring that is preventing him from progressing to N3 stage. I would ask the sleep doctor what explains this lack of N3 stage. 

Another reason for fatigue is B12 deficiency. Are you vegan ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.