Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account


New Posts   Today's Posts

Recent Sleep Study Results
#11
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
It was a sleep doctor. He has every symptom of sleep apnea which is why I thought it was. A doctor before which diagnosed the mono thought it was narcolepsy.
Post Reply Post Reply






Donate to Apnea Board  
#12
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
That could be a problem, I think the sleep study was done during a good phase. We thought it was at first still the mono until one night he went to sleep and I stayed up to listen to him sleep and recorded the gasping. So then I started to research and most all his symptoms added up to sleep apnea. 

We are in SC but I don't  think the mosquitoes have been too terrible in our area. 

Last night he slept on his side most of the night and I noticed his snoring was not as terrible as most.

No he doesnt take any prescribed medicines
Post Reply Post Reply
#13
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
Some people sew a tennis ball into the back of their t-shirt/bedshirt to encourage 'side sleeping'.
Post Reply Post Reply
#14
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
When you listened/recorded him gasping were you able to tell if it was an obstructive type gasping (chest continued to move but no breathing occurred until finally there is a big breath followed by some makeup breaths) or if it was central (appeared to stop breathing, chest was not moving then after a bit starts breathing again and takes some bigger breaths)?

Did you notice this any particular time (shortly after he falls asleep, later in the morning etc) this happens?
Post Reply Post Reply






Donate to Apnea Board  
#15
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
It was dark so hard to tell but it sounded like his chest stopped moving then he would suddenly take a big gasp and start back. He would start to snore really loud then it would happen then he would go back to normal sleeping. When he would start to snore is when I could tell it was about to happen. And it was after about an hour of sleeping or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
#16
RE: Recent Sleep Study Results
Is your problem solved ? If not, couple of things to consider

Here is a link to a presentation that explains sleep study results. In particular if you go to slide 9, it shows how much time we spend in various stages of sleep by age. So for your husband, it seems that something like 15% REM and 10% N3 for a total of 25% or 2hrs out of 8hr sleep would be normal
https://www.thoracic.org/professionals/c...primer.pdf

So no time spent in N3 does seem like an anomaly to me and N3 being the deep stage it also makes sense that it would cause the fatigue symptoms you mentioned. Perhaps it is the sleeping in supine and snoring that is preventing him from progressing to N3 stage. I would ask the sleep doctor what explains this lack of N3 stage. 

Another reason for fatigue is B12 deficiency. Are you vegan ?
Post Reply Post Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 152 2,368 1 hour ago
Last Post: deebob
  PSG Data from Sleep Study - EDF Formats ApneaQuestions 0 60 02-22-2020, 01:01 AM
Last Post: ApneaQuestions
Sad Help with reading Oscar Results. smokehouse502 29 569 02-04-2020, 05:08 AM
Last Post: smokehouse502
  [Treatment] Review of current results OSCAR thewrinklyninja 4 160 01-30-2020, 09:41 PM
Last Post: thewrinklyninja
  Help with nterpretation or results and Prescription solocus 4 188 01-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Grandfather's Results Geer1 17 520 01-17-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  [Diagnosis] Resmed Apnealink Air results Squidword 0 204 01-08-2020, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Squidword


New Posts   Today's Posts






About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.