Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recently Diagnosed. CPAP or Mouthpiece?
RE: Recently Diagnosed. CPAP or Mouthpiece?
Housemusic1, I'm going to give you a few leads on the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (model #37207) which comes with humidifier, standard (slimline) hose and carry case. (The #37208 is packaged with heated Climateline hose) and the #37209 is the Autoset for Her. All machines I am quoting are new and have warranties:

In my area, the CPAP model advertised on Craigslist from a Seattle vendor for $495 and the contact phone is 206-965-9995. Do not buy the CPAP model, get the Autoset. This is a common mistake.
The #37207 unit is available new on Amazon from vendor MEDGURU,LLC for $579 with free Prime shipping
The model #37208 (For Her) is available for $579 from Sistemma and MedGURU with Prime shipping. This is the best deal!

Those are the best prices I am aware of right now. The Amazon deals are safe and verified, and I have not heard of any problems from the Seattle area Craigslist seller, but you should use PayPal or similar payment method that has some protection.

A standard hose is fine, and you can easily find heated hose for under $40. I think any tubing is more comfortable with a fleece cover that imporoves your comfort and takes away the "Borg" appearance of the thing. Needless to say, I think with borderline severe apnea a mouthpiece is a guaranteed failure and I would have a lot less respect for a testing firm that would suggest one. Of course, since a mouthpiece does not have data, they get to test you some more, so the business model is sound. Good luck, and choose wisely.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 05:42 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:32 PM)housemusic1 Wrote: Fred, here is the unit I'm curious about. It say Airsense 10 Autoset on the front.

I could not read the model on the front, but the catalog number on the label crosses to a ResMed Autosense 10 AutoSet.  That is IMHO one of the best machines to get.

Is it new or used?  How much?  And what are the total Run hours?  (not the treatment hours which can be reset)

Fred

Directly from the CL ad:

CPAP ResMed S10 Airsense
Used 5X's when bought
Needed a Bi-Pap Machine
Bought 2017
Clean water chamber
Memory Chip
Case
Retails $800

$450.00
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 06:15 PM)housemusic1 Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:42 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:32 PM)housemusic1 Wrote: Fred, here is the unit I'm curious about. It say Airsense 10 Autoset on the front.

I could not read the model on the front, but the catalog number on the label crosses to a ResMed Autosense 10 AutoSet.  That is IMHO one of the best machines to get.

Is it new or used?  How much?  And what are the total Run hours?  (not the treatment hours which can be reset)

Fred

Directly from the CL ad:

CPAP ResMed S10 Airsense
Used 5X's when bought
Needed a Bi-Pap Machine
Bought 2017
Clean water chamber
Memory Chip
Case
Retails $800

$450.00

There are FOUR different models of this machine. Confirm with the seller that it's specifically the Airsense AUTOSET version before buying it!

You do NOT want any of the others (except maybe the "AUTOSET for HER") model

if it does NOT have "AUTOSET" printed under "AIRSENSE" in the lower right corner, it is NOT an autoset version machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 05:11 PM)housemusic1 Wrote: Very good info Fred. Thanks. I'm looking at a ResMed S-10 Airsense on Craigslist with item# 37030, but I can't find much info on that item#.

Model 37030 is not currently listed by Resmed.  The current models of Airsense 10 all start with 372.  
37203 CPAP model, standard tube, no data. fixed pressure
37204 CPAP  model heated tube, no data, fixed pressure
37205 CPAP Elite Model, standard tube, data, fixed pressure
37206 CPAP Elite Model, heated tube, data fixed pressure
37207 Autoset, standard tube, data, auto pressure
37208 Autoset, Climateline tube, data, auto pressure
37209 Autoset For Her, Climateline tube, data, auto pressure, for her algorithm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider, my early Autoset is a model 37028, sold in Canada, Serial # 221416xxxxx. I'd guess this might be a later model Canadian Autoset. I looked at a blowup of the first pic, and the shapes sort of match mine; also the tag on the ResMed bag in the second pic says Autoset.

Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Page1, under AirSense 10 Autoset. Top row 4th number. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good find, HouseMusic1 - thanks for posting it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just don't know if it comes equipped with the extras that the other AirSense 10 units do. Apparently you can get a humidifier & heated hose/mask??? Again, total newbie here, so I have no idea if those are things I'm going to want/need. As soon as I can get my sleep study results in a loadable format, i'll get them up. When the clinic emailed them to me, they put them in some format thats not downloadable, so I can't save them, only print them. Of course my wireless printer decided to crap the bed this weekend. If there are specific #'s that will help you guys, I can easily get those from the results, just can't post the entire document yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot that the Resmed has many more model numbers, and I think the 37028 is sold in Canada. My model numbers are only applicable for current models sold in USA channels. Sorry about that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier is the clear plastic chamber at end of the machine. The heated hose and mask are purchased separately and are not included with the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 745 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 399 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 123 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 547 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 179 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 353 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar Advice for recently diagnoses UARS SleepTea 1 357 01-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.