Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recently Diagnosed, First Post, Couple Q's
RE: Recently Diagnosed, First Post, Couple Q's
Thanks Crimson Nape. I suppose that's a decent theory, maybe I gotta lot of new flappy/loose bits in my airway what are causing the AHI increase. So perhaps I should try higher minimum vs. dropping it thinking that I'm losing weight, need less cause I'm less fat!

Sleeprider - I'll see if I can pull together some recent daily screenshots when I've gotten back to higher AHIs. Regarding weight loss regiment, I started doing what's knows as "intermittent fasting" coupled with cutting waaaaay down on carbohydrates. The intermittent fasting turned into what's known as OMAD (one meal a day), so I'm just eating once a day, typically dinner, and the meal has very little/none carbs in it. Haven't started any workout/exercise yet, was hoping to get the bulk of the weight off with just diet/portion control and then bust out the real physical effort of exercise when the rate of loss starts to flatten to keep going, which unfortunately is about now!
Post Reply Post Reply
FS15, you're going to need a new user name!
Post Reply Post Reply
Are the daily obstructive events showing as clusters? (just a guess) If so try a soft cervical collar. See the link in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
bonjour - not looked at a lot of charts but I'd say no? Not sure. Attached are 3 recent daily plots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see enough to treat but the 12 Apr chart shows signs of clustering, the other 2 do not. I do recommend keeping an eye on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 131 42 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 52 885 51 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 350 4 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 56 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,916 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.