Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recently Diagnosed, First Post, Couple Q's
RE: Recently Diagnosed, First Post, Couple Q's
Here's from last night, a week on CPAP. From what I've researched, increasing my minimum pressure might help with the flow limitation flags? Also, could just be that I've got some congestion. My nightly chart seems a lot "cleaner" than the first few days!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The question is How do you feel?
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really feel any better or worse than pre-CPAP. I'm thinking that as I get more used to wearing the mask, once that's "normal", I'll generally feel better? But a week in so far, I don't really feel different throughout my day. If I do feel better, it's only slightly.
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s not much you can do with a Respironics machine except to raise the minimum a bit.
I would raise it from 6cm to 7cm and see if it would clean up some snores and FL.

Also, if your using Flex at 3, turn it down to 2. You’ll still get an exhale pressure drop of approximately 1.5 to 2cm Pressure, but it may feel more natural.

If your not bothered by the FL, then don’t make any changes. Go by how you feel, which comes first.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.
Mask Primer
Machine Choices

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-24-2019, 06:53 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Also, if your using Flex at 3, turn it down to 2.  You’ll still get an exhale pressure drop of approximately 1.5 to 2cm Pressure, but it may feel more natural.

Am I correct in that the Flex setting of 3 allows the least amount of pressure (easiest to exhale) and 1 makes it harder to exhale? The manual says "The setting of "1" provides a small amount of pressure relief, with higher numbers providing additional relief."

So going from 3 to 2 would make slightly harder to exhale? I'd think that'd be less natural?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex is a flow based pressure relief algorithm and is not equal to EPR in Resmed. The most pressure relief you can get with a Philips machine is 2-cm, and both settings 2 and 3 provide that level of pressure relief. The difference between 2 and 3 Flex settings is mostly timing, so try them both and see what works best for you. My observation with AFlex and CFlex was that a setting of 3 actually resulted in more events and less comfort, and that seems true in observing results on the forum; especially where flow limitation is present. Since it works on flow, results vary between individuals, and the best advise may be to experiment with the settings. Your results are looking very good either way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files

How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,017 399,186 11-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help with Oscar data newly diagnosed 55 AHI mmcf 36 921 11-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Recently diagnosed with mild sleep apnea kevinpz 5 310 10-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Last Post: kevinpz
  New Member-Newly diagnosed-Have questions Geoffrey 9 272 10-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Treatment] Newly diagnosed and I have some questions Ash1631 10 444 09-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Upgraded to Airsense 10 from System One. Couple questions though. Bweekzzz 25 752 08-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Newly diagnosed questions Nautica 35 704 08-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.