Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Clark - Therapy Thread
David Clark - Therapy Thread
I was recently diagnosed with OSA. I've never been tested before and probably wouldn't have been if the DOT hadn't upped their criteria. I'm not a truck driver but at my job we have to pass DOT physicals because all company vehicles have DOT numbers, I'm guessing for fleet maintenance. At any rate, I just ordered my new equipment:
ResMed AirCurve™ 10 Vauto BiPAP Machine
AirTouch™ F20
ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tubing 
Hopefully I made good choices. 
According to the Dr I just spoke with there is a shortage of machines so who knows when I'll actually get the equipment. 
I look forward to sharing the journey. 
David
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recently diagnosed.
Welcome - there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site and will help when you get your machine. You got the best pap machine out there, congratulations!

Do take the time to do a couple of things while you wait for your new machine.

First read as much as possible just to see what problems people have and what to expect.

Download OSCAR totally free at the top of the site. Everyone will want to see your charts to give you any suggestions. You will need an sd card 32 hv or less to be in your machine and to download your OSCAR results. And of course a SD card reader on your computer.

Please take a look at the link on charts it gives info on OSCAR use also.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
David, Welcome

Someone should be along soon that can better answer your questions.  You have come to the right place!!!

Edit, staceyburke posted right before I did. Follow his suggestions to get you up and running

While you are waiting may I suggest that you delete the first page of your report, make a redaction to it (typically with a graphics editor), then re-post it.  It's always safest to remove any personal info that is not absolutely necessary.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Having to do a sleep study was something I wasn't expecting when I went to do my physical for work. I've been there for 12 years, had to do a DOT physical every two years and this is the first time I've been told to do one. I went with Singular Sleep because...well..honestly because it was the first link when I looked up "at home sleep study." I ordered the equipment from them as well because they can remotely monitor and adjust the machine as needed. I know I probably paid more by using them..I know I did on the heated hose, it's about $15 cheaper on Amazon but it is what it is. I just downloaded OSCAR. I'll be checking out the forum while I wait. 
David
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea! Now if I can just figure out how to edit the post I'm on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok..I found a thread on how to edit. Apparently you've got a certain amount of time depending on what kind of member you are. I'm over the time limit to edit the post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go into your "User CP" (top right of this page).  Then in the left sidebar look under Miscellaneous and you should see "Manage Attachments".  You should be able to delete it from there.  
Make your change(s) then upload the file again.

Then just re-post it in another post here.

If that doesn't work we can ask one of the admins to take care of it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a redacted file and request a Moderator to replace the one in your post. I can request a mod to remove the file for now if you like.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help. I got it removed. I'll post the redacted one here. I get what you're saying about posting "personal" information but really the only thing "personal" I see on it is my birthday which any of you would already know if you were a Facebook friend.  Too-funny
I get what you're saying though..better safe than sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have concerns on your O2 sats from your sleep study.  There is nothing there that bothers me, BUT. . .

Your Low was 77% only for 3 seconds, but it got there.  The important numbers are

Minutes at or below 88%  

One standard is 8 minutes at or below 88% requires overnight supplemental oxygen.
You have no data that I have seen that states anything like that, the closest is your average is 93% which is OK, a touch low but ok,  CPAP will pick that number up.

Depending on who is reading the numbers they look for. Obviously the higher up the bigger the numbers.  

Minutes at or below 90%  
Minutes at or below 88%  
Minutes at or below 85%  
Minutes at or below 80%  
Minutes at or below 70%  

IMHO you want to check your O2 levels overnight on your VAuto, you will need a recording pulse-oximeter.  I do doubt you will be low after you start PAPing, but there is nothing wrong with periodically making sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.