Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recently mouth is opening during sleep
RE: Recently mouth is opening during sleep
I have the ResMed Air sense 10 auto set and use the quatro pro FF mask. I started the Airsense 10 about 3 years ago. Good machine. About 8 months ago I started breathing through my mouth with the morning dry mouth issue. I had a chin strap I had never used so I tried it and it works. I had lost about ten pounds when it started but have gained it back. I still wear the chin strap even though it is somewhat uncomfortable. I place a handkerchief in the chin piece and this helps cushion it.

I like the air sense 10 and have no issues. I recently had a problem with the mask making a whistling noise. I found that raising the tube temperature stopped the noise. apparently I had condensate forming in the tube that was moving to the air vent in the mask. I keep the house temp between 73 and 69 year around. The condensate was forming last winter at the 69 level.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 07:52 PM)RNeil Wrote: If you are a mouth breather, you need a full face mask.

I am a mouth breather and have pretty much learned to breath thru my nose. My mouth does tend to want to come open so I use a chin strap and cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2019, 07:44 PM)thisazlife Wrote: I've used nasal pillows successfully for years but recently I'm waking up several times during sleep because my mouth opens. 

No telling why, but such strange things do happen. You really shouldn't have any trouble transitioning to a full face mask. You will be better rested and will likely wake with fewer marks on your face.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was on pain meds Oxynorm over a year ago I started mouth breathing . Even when I got off the drugs it took a few months to get back to breathing through my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having trouble getting low AHI numbers even with my higher pressures until I switched from my F-30 to the Wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 105 Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 109 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure vs. Airflow Burst for Nasal Opening GoodSleepHunting 0 106 04-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 811 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 634 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 383 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.