Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recently started APAP, best decision for my health I've ever made.
RE: Recently started APAP, best decision for my health I've ever made.
Moonlight Graham - Your story really resonates with me. I blew it off for 20 years also. I am just 5 years older than you. When the nurse takes my blood pressure at the doctor's office she asks if I feel OK and do I have a headache. LOL that is never a good sign. 

I researched a bit and bought my own equipment. Just a few days ago I came here and asked for help. In just a short time the great people here have helped me to set up my APAP and have an understanding of how to use it properly. I am waiting for my mask in the mail and am going to have my first night soon. I so badly want to have results like you have had. I am trying to learn as much as I can. I had no idea the fog, anxiety, depression, weight gain, blood pressure and the fatigue could have been caused by apnea. I really just thought I was aging badly. I feel like an idiot for letting it go on this long but I am also excited to maybe get some results.

Well anyway I just wanted to thank you for the post. Makes me feel not so alone. So do the great people here!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Moonlight Graham,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are doing so well with your CPAP therapy and that you are noticing improvement. Good job, keep up the good work; good luck as you continue on your sleep apnea journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 02:46 AM)Nash Wrote: Moonlight Graham - Your story really resonates with me. I blew it off for 20 years also. I am just 5 years older than you. When the nurse takes my blood pressure at the doctor's office she asks if I feel OK and do I have a headache. LOL that is never a good sign. 

I researched a bit and bought my own equipment. Just a few days ago I came here and asked for help. In just a short time the great people here have helped me to set up my APAP and have an understanding of how to use it properly. I am waiting for my mask in the mail and am going to have my first night soon. I so badly want to have results like you have had. I am trying to learn as much as I can. I had no idea the fog, anxiety, depression, weight gain, blood pressure and the fatigue could have been caused by apnea. I really just thought I was aging badly. I feel like an idiot for letting it go on this long but I am also excited to maybe get some results.

Well anyway I just wanted to thank you for the post. Makes me feel not so alone. So do the great people here!
Hi there Nash, I'm so glad you are taking steps to treat your apnea! I hope your treatment goes as well as mine has so far! Keep an eye on your blood pressure and monitor it daily to make sure it goes down from the treatment, because, as I'm sure you already know there could be other reasons your blood pressure is high than just apnea. Luckily it appears it was the reason for mine, and I hope yours too. 

If you don't get results right away don't be discouraged, from what I've read on here it takes different people different times to feel the magic. Stick with it, it will come. It might take trying different masks, or several setting changes. I got lucky and found a great mask that worked for me right off the bat. Use your Sleepyhead software to monitor your therapy, it's crucial! Good luck and I wish you well!!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 490 Yesterday, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 62 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 376 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,363 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,108 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 547 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.