Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommend SPO2 Device
RE: Recommend SPO2 Device
Here are the file header highlights.  I am not listing any of the recorded data.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=43488]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have interest in the info in this thread. Thanks to Crimson Nape for noting that the Wellue (and contrary to what their cust service seemingly incorrectly asserted, the oxygen data sensing is @ 4 seconds). As noted much earlier in comment Facelake model 320 seems to be an identical product and their website description page I note gives detailed specs and at least for the oxygen monitoring it notes it as #54 seconds. The cost of the FL320 is 179 or 50 less than what Wellue lists. However Wellue seems to in writing offer 30 day trial with full refund (except for shipping charge), and 1 year limited warranty. Whereas Facelake only offer refund if UNopened/unused and charges a 10 - 15% restocking fee as well; however and contrary to that Facelake in their FAQ also states a full refund in 30 days if in the very unlikely event that you are not happy with product, but need to get prior approval.

So clearly?? different? levels of customer risk and cost comparing these vendors with whom I have no relationship. Since CrimsonNape had reviewed a wellue product in the review section and indicated that the data can be brought into Oscar, I hope/assume that that is true for the above newer models as well. I could not find anywhere in the Oscar wiki about importing oxygen data and would love a link, thanks.

As if. dealing with CPAP and DME is not challenging enough to have the above ambiguity (and seemingly mis-information on oxygen data rate) is a bit frustrating and grateful for forum members kicking the tires. Nonetheless, it is nice to have what might be a worthwhile tool. (P.S. the Facelake prod page with specs indicates the % accuracy of the device, however I take that with a major shaker of salt as their is no link to independent testing, and legitimate testing of finger oximeters show them to be variable in accuracy, often quite good at higher levels >94% but even for those that were very accurate at higher saturations they were increasingly inaccurate at levels <90% and even more so at even lower oxygen levels. So the very range that we might be most interested in is the least valid and least reliable. With the likelihood of false positive and false negatives I am concerned that these relatively inexpensive devices might be misleading and not a sound basis for decision making. While the finger tip oximeters discussed in this article https://theskepticalcardiologist.com/202...dical-use/ are not used the identical technology as the Wellue and FaceLake it does give me pause about their claimed accuracy. I hope everyone finds the tools that will support them and their health.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Because of it size, our Wiki can be daunting at times. Take a look at this page:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Wellue ring.

I import the data to my iphone app. Email it to myself from "share as binary". On my iMac, I drop the file on desktop then in Oscar, after uploading last night's data from the CPAP, I click DATA, IMPORT WELLUE.

The data from the ring appears to synch itself to the timeline in the correct place. Is this something the developers may have changed since the Wiki was written?

I have never changed the file name as the Wiki says to do.

As for the ring itself, it is a bit large as I often feel it as I move about at night. It fits securely, the part that grips the finger a soft rubber or silicone material that keeps in place all night without being too tight. I have tried it on both index finger and thumb (they recommend against using it on the middle finger) and it expands to fit both. I prefer the index finger of my left hand so I am able to read it at night. A tap will wake it up, showing pulse and O2. Another tap and it shows the time. In the morning it often shows 50% charge left, even after 8 hours sleep. Using it for two weeks it has only had two short gaps in readings, one 2 seconds and one 11 seconds.

Accuracy is unknown since I have no way to test it other than another Wellue product, a fingertip unit. They are within 2% and 2bpm of each other.

It seems to be a good tool to have to help get the machine set correctly (which I am still working on).
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found that a Wellue oximeter can record its starting time as up to a minute after starting the device. The filename modification was implemented to allow for data syncing regardless of the starting offset, or in case the CPAP's clock is at a different time than the oximeter.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2022, 10:40 AM)eddiememphis Wrote: I have never changed the file name as the Wiki says to do.

That is optional.  I leave my APAP set on standard time (winter) but my oximeter time gets updated when I hook it up and use the "O2 Insight Pro" software.  So when it is Daylight Saving Time my APAP data is off by an hour compared to my SleepU.  Changing the time in the oximeter binary file (as mentioned in the wiki) is how I get the times to match in OSCAR.

If your PAP and oximeter times are already lined up to your liking, then just skip that part.

EDIT: The wiki page has been updated to reflect the time sync as optional.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have read this thread although I'm still not sure.. is there a consensus on which oximeter is "best" for home use? And if it's not clear which is best what are the factors to consider?
Post Reply Post Reply
flow,

Which one is "best" is subjective and more a matter of personal preference.  I have both the Wellue SleepU and the Contec CMS50F (older version).  They both have their "pros and cons".

More importantly is that the oximeter is compatible with OSCAR.  There is a list in the wiki here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters

To the best of my knowledge none of the currently available models can be directly imported into OSCAR.  The software for the respective oximeter must be used to get the data from the device, then it can be imported into OSCAR.  It is an extra step, but it works fine.
Another consideration is which operating system you use.  The Contec brands are Windows only.  The Wellue/Viatom brands are Windows and Mac. 

You can also look through the Product Reviews forum here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-O...ct-Reviews
You will find some user reviews for the different oximeters which may help you decide.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks the reviews look useful I'll check those out.  I'm on Windows.  Looking at the pictures my guess would be that the SleepU would stay on better during sleep than the Contec CMS50F, do you find that to be the case?
Post Reply Post Reply
flow,

I never had a problem with either staying on. I'm a fairly still sleeper so not much moving going on.  But some users have reported having to tape on the duckbill sensor (Contec) to prevent it from coming off during the night.

Couple of other things I thought of....
The SleepU is more compact and has no buttons. Stick your finger in the probe and it starts recording in a few seconds.  Any settings are changed through the software.  You can use Bluetooth to get the data off the device.  The battery lasts ~2 nights.  It can hold 4 nights of readings (10 hours each).  It also records movement if that matters to you.

The Contec is a bit bigger and clunkier.  Most settings are reached by a button on the front of the device.  Some can be changed via the software.  You use the supplied USB cable to get the data off the device.
The newer Contecs seem to have an auto or manual start.  It's somewhat unclear on how much data it holds but it seems to be more than one night.  Battery life is also ~2 days.  Sorry, mine is the older model so I'm going by what I have seen users report here.

Hope this helps...
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 390 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 826 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 677 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.