Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommend SPO2 Device
Recommend SPO2 Device
Hello,

What is your favorite/recommended SPO2 sensor? I am looking to get one that measures continuously the whole night as my apple watch will not do that. I would like something that automatically sends the data to an app on my phone for easy reading. Also, I move around a lot at night so not one that just sits on my finger tip withing being secured. I woke up 3 times last night feeling starved of air and heart racing which doesn't normally happen when I am wearing my mask so now I am a little worried. I do take a beta blocker and my HR is pretty low at times but not too low for sleeping - it was in the 40s all night last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommend SPO2 Device
I use the Wellue Sleepu, and am satisfied with it.  Seems accurate.  I have not worn a "ring", but to me this seems like it would be more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also in the SleepU camp. I move around a fair bit and haven't had any issues with the unit losing signal, starting new sessions excessively, etc. It's still working well with the original sensor ring after 20 months of daily use. It's good with sinus rhythm of (per specs) 30-250bpm, but in my experience gives rather random hr numbers with irregular HR such as AF... probably around half the real rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Wellue O2 ring every night and every morning I download the previous night's data to my iphone and Macbook. I have yet to figure out how to load the data into Oscar, even though I believe it can be done. I measures your O2 and heartbeat I believe every 4 seconds and you can save the data to .csv format. I wear it on my thumb.

https://getwellue.com/pages/o2ring-oxygen-monitor

Edit: I just noticed on the website that this apparently is no longer available in the USA. That is surprising and sorry if that's the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a Wellue O2Ring in December of 2019. The readings I got were what prompted me to have my doctor schedule a sleep test which got me on CPAP. Still using the  same O2Ring and comparing what it gets to my AHI numbers in DreamMapper daily. I use a corded USB connection to my PC in the morning and check the numbers while having morning coffee. The O2Ring stays connected to the PC for the day to recharge. I have not tried a Bluetooth connection. Comfortable to wear at night. I did upload the data to OSCAR once when I had a DreamStation 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I had the wrong link. Try this one:

https://getwellue.com/products/o2ring-we...e-oximeter.

Dang, in small print it still says it isn't available in USA even though it looks like you can go through the checkout. So I'm not sure if it is available here or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the Wellue oximeters and ECGs now have the disclaimer of, "not available in the USA". That's a real kink in the shorts!

A Google search shows a SleepU exact lookalike called the FL330 that is still for sale in the US. Also, A LOOKEE O2Ring still shows for sale in the US.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like the getwellue store doesn't ship to USA at all (USA is now in the "countries or regions we can't deliver to" list). Might be that Viatom has given some other company exclusive rights to ship to the US, such as Lookee which have their own Lookee-branded Viatom products.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lookee has the O2Ring and several other companies have the SleepU listed as the FL330.

Edit: I just realized that I'm repeating myself in the two last posts. I must be getting old! . . . Did I mention that I was repeating myself?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that FaceLake mention about the FL330/SleepU: "The report cannot show oxygen changes under a few seconds in length, therefore it can't be used for sleep breathing problems" - but they use the same stock images which have a person sleeping. But the FL320 (looks to be a CheckMe O2 and includes pedometer) is good for sleep analysis but has the same 1s sample with 4s recording as FL330, and FL340=O2Ring is also good for sleep tracking.

Oxygen changes don't really occur that quickly. i.e. 4s is not a bad sample interval and will pick up most desaturation depending on the degree of smoothing applied - 2s is obviously going to be better and likely give a higher ODI, especially if it has less smoothing.

Looks like FaceLake & Lookee are the relevant sellers of Viatom in the USA now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 388 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 826 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 677 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.