Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommend a bacterial filter?
Recommend a bacterial filter?
I read the PR foam issues thread, and the idea of possibly using an inline filter.

- what recommended type and model for the Dreamstation AutoCPAP?
- silly question.. where to install on the machine - with or without the humidify unit?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Recommend a bacterial filter?
I saw a video discussion with Philips reps and it was stated that it's not recommended to use these filters. 

AFAIK, it would only stop larger particles that might be released, but wouldn't do anything for the off-gassing of the foam.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding a filter on the Dreamstations discharge will reduce the amount of air delivered. It affects how the fan works.
(memory...fan laws (Mechanical Engineering) )
DaveL
Compliant for over 30 years

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. I hope to learn everyone, and that's why I share here. 
Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen a couple that go between the mask and end of the hose, that swear that they don't reduce airflow (which seems like that's impossible to me) but they also say not to use with a humidifier. And while it may stop the larger particles, they may not stop smaller particles (depending on the filter and particle size) and probably not gases either (that would definitely affect the airflow).

See my comparison of Viatom/Wellue and CMS50F oximeters here.

Not a doctor, definitely not your doctor, all advice is given as-is and represents simply my own understanding as a fellow patient and OSCAR user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Your best bet, if one exists on the market, is to use a HEPA filter designed for you machine.  I suspect that a bacterial filter, depending on what that means and what you purchase, might be too restrictive.  It will drive your machine's motor to use a lot more amperage to get sufficient airflow past such a filter, running hot as a result, or at least wearing out substantially faster.
Post Reply Post Reply
The inline antibacterial filter would be one that doesn't like humidity.

Certainly you can try this if you want. Make certain to edit your AB filter setting to ON.

A sample images

[Image: 15xjMkB.png]
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? sleepy331 31 988 07-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Last Post: sleepy331
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 7 214 07-27-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: georgelewisray
  AB filter in Resmed palolake 4 201 07-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Hypoallergenic filter question macginnis 2 193 06-19-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Dream Station Filter Compatibility FifthAvenue 2 142 06-17-2021, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why? koala1 16 443 06-08-2021, 01:05 AM
Last Post: koala1
  White Powder In Filter dino40 10 354 04-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.