Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommend a mask to me? Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow?
Recommend a mask to me? Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow?
Hi... 

I am moving from a Philips Respironics PR System One AUTO 750P to a DreamStation auto ByPAP model # DSX700T11.  I am using the heated tubing.

My old hose and equipment is 22 mm.  The new DreamStation uses a smaller hose.  The mask I use now has a huge plastic thing on my forehead (I can't put my glasses on).  It covered my nose but not my mouth.

Can I buy an adapter that will let the smaller hose of the DSX700T11 fit my current mask? Can someone point me to a link or the name of a seller?

I would really like it if I could have my mask on and put my glasses on.  I have been looking at the Philips Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow.  But it cost over $100.00.

Is it worth it?  Do you use it?  Do you like it?  Have you found a off brand mask that cost less?

I could use some suggestions.

Thanks in advance

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommend a mask to me? Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow?
I should also say my current mask is made by Res Med and is a Nasal Mask. It is a silicone or jell type mask over my nose and a hard plastic thing that sticks to my forehead I have fabric Velcro strips that I use to adjust the size. I am not sure if I want to stick something up my nose. I move around when I sleep and I think it would fall out. But the Philips Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow looks to be a good match for the DreamStation auto ByPAP model # DSX700T11.

I know mask are a personal thing. I am looking for suggestions. Good or bad. I just need some feedback.

Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Your old hose will work fine with your current mask. Even though the new heated hose itself is a smaller 15 cm diameter, the fittings are still standard 22 mm. I don't blame you for wanting to update your nasal therapy mask. The two most popular are the Resmed Airfit P10 and Respironics Dreamwear Nasal mask. The Respironics Nuance Pro Nasal pillow is also very popular. Most nasal pillow masks will range from $90 to $120 USD through online DME sellers. Amazon was carrying the masks at a discount, but I am noticing that they are currently only selling mask parts. This happens from time to time when DMEs and manufacturers complain about Amazon sales of prescription items. The complete masks and machines seem to show back up eventually. Earlier this year no machines were being sold either.

Of all the masks, the P10 is the most minimal. It is lightweight and very very quiet. The headgear tends to stretch after 6-months to 1-year, so be aware you should not expect many years of use. The Nuance Pro has a more substantial and adjustible headgear and louder exhaust vent, but users generally like it for comfort and fit. The best way to buy any nasal pillow mask is to get the retail fit-kit that usually includes all the pillow sizes. The medium and large pillows are right for most males, with the most common size being large.

Nasal pillows should rest against the nares (end of the nostrils) and they do not insert inside. An old mask style called "prongs" did insert, but those are not what we are talking about. The fit of nasal pillows requires only light pressure to achieve a seal. The very light pressure needed and very flexible nature of the nasal pillows means that these are items that need to be replaced every few months. Headgear and pillows are routine replacement items, and they will start to leak more as they get older. Use mild soap and don't hesitate to wash headgear monthly to keep it tighter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah! So a 15 cm hose has a 22 cm fitting on it??!! Yea! Thank you so much for that.

I see that amazon now has in stock the Nuance Pro. I am going to pick that up as I would really like to put my glasses on when I have my mask on. And now that I do not have to worry about different hose sizes, I can keep and use my back up masks in an emergency.

Thanks so much for this good feedback

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 251 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,160 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,722 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 234 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 433 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 326 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.