Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommend me a mask
RE: Recommend me a mask
The cheek pads dry out fast enough I suppose (a few hours). Admittedly, I cut mine off so I didn't have to wait on them drying. You can always get velcro cheek pads to replace them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2022, 08:25 PM)sunsaffron Wrote: The cheek pads dry out fast enough I suppose (a few hours). Admittedly, I cut mine off so I didn't have to wait on them drying. You can always get velcro cheek pads to replace them.

Exactly my initial thought. Wanted to cut them off but was a bit sceptical of my Stanley-knife-skills as the pad seems glued on to the frame. How did you cut yours off?
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad you are making progress!

You said "The only concern I have so far is on cleaning the mask - the cheek-cover/strap-thing seems to be affixed to the frame. I wonder how well it dries out after washing."

If you mean the light grey bit that goes over the cheeks: once I managed to "tease" them off/wriggle them off, but it was a real bother to replace them. Occasionally I do wash the head gear and frame, but just leave them on, they dry easily enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2022, 04:44 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: So glad you are making progress!

You said "The only concern I have so far is on cleaning the mask - the cheek-cover/strap-thing seems to be affixed to the frame. I wonder how well it dries out after washing."

If you mean the light grey bit that goes over the cheeks: once I managed to "tease" them off/wriggle them off, but it was a real bother to replace them. Occasionally I do wash the head gear and frame, but just leave them on, they dry easily enough.

Thank you. The frame is only a few days old so am a bit cautious trying to do anything to it. So when you say wriggle them off, you reckon if I just keep "peeling"/pulling/tugging on it, it'd slide off?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could, but I found it time consuming and fidgety to replace. And some of the stitching stretched a bit. I find it better to just wash it first thing in the morning and hang it up to dry. Only needed to do this a few times in the last year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 618 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,632 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Recommend SPO2 Device JohnHornbuckle 29 3,208 10-02-2022, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,312 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,874 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Recommend a bacterial filter? OneSnorer 9 1,294 08-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? sleepy331 31 3,217 07-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Last Post: sleepy331

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.