Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC
RE: Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead
I have the FlashAir card transfer my data from my cpap machine to an sd card, which stays in the card slot on my computer all the time. I transfer the data from the sd card to SleepyHead or EncorePro or both as needed. If I need to take a card to my doctor, I just take them the card in the computer.

I did copy the data from my original card to the new sd card when I started using the new card.

All of my cpap data is cloned to a backup disk and an encrypted folder on Dropbox
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead
(09-19-2017, 11:03 AM)Marillion Wrote: I just copied the files over onto the new card using my computer.  I put them into a folder on my desktop first and then when I inserted the Flashair card into my card reader hooked up to my computer I copied them over into a folder on the Flashair.  Perhaps let your Airsense machine create the folder first by inserting your Flashair into your Airsense to start, before you copy your files over.

That's what I did.

Set up the F/A card, inserted the Resmed card, copied the contents to my computer, swapped the F/A back in, moved the folder to the F/A, plugged it in and after 3 tries with the configs got it talking to the PC.

Works fine upstairs, but it is sitting above my Asus AC1900 blowtorch, which is on top of the entertainment center about 3ft from the ceiling.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2017, 11:47 PM)Sheepish Wrote: CleaverGreat tip. I just ordered one, but an ez Sh@re brand one with an 8GB microSD card to insert for about CAD$30 from I site I'm pretty sure the forum rules don't allow me to link to.  Nonosign   It's legit, but it's a well-known commercial site.

I only took the smallest capacity microSD card because I'm pretty sure that's plenty enough for DreamStation CPAP data. If by any chance not, I've got other bigger capacity microSD cards lying around.

I'm looking forward to not going through the OP's "oh CRAP, my CPAP data I once again forgot to sneakernet" moments. Oh-jeez

Well, crap on a cracker. Annoyed-and-disappointed  When I insert the ez Sh@re wifi SD card I got, the DreamStation gives me an error message.

Do I need to reformat it or something? It's already formatted to FAT32.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepish,
I believe all documentation specifies Toshiba FlashAir only.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sheepish,
I believe all documentation specifies Toshiba FlashAir only.

I think you're right. My bad for wanting to go cheap.  Ohwell Bag-head

I'm just curious what it is about it that makes the DreamStation  Vomit the ez Sh@re I got, but if you put a Toshiba FlashAir in, the DreamStation by all accounts will like .
Post Reply Post Reply
have you tried to let your CPAP-machine reformat the card (and do the setup of the card AFTER that?)
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I was sort of expecting the DreamStation to do, but it just gave me an error message and said to reinsert the SD card. Doing that just produced the same message. Is there some sort of procedure to format an SD card in a DreamStation?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a working SD-Card: find out how that is formatted (and maybe check the cluster size if it doesn't work!) and do the format on the PC (if the cluster-size is not a standard size you may have to use the command line^^)

... thinking of it ... If I remember correctly there was some sort of problem with fsutil always returning the logical blocksize of 512 and not the actual physical blocksize - but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Original DreamStation SD card is FAT32, block size 4032.

I tried formatting the ezshare SD Card in Windows to the same, but no dice --got the same error message in the DreamStation. I even tried to format it to NTFS, but Windows couldn't complete the format.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get a new SD card, it should be FAT32 format.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 25,853 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 239 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 90 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 738 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 327 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,685 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,664 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.