Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC
RE: Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead
I'm intrigued by the idea of using a Toshiba FlashAir SD card.

I also laughed at the use of the term "sneakernet" by Sheepish as it brought back memories.

One thing I don't understand is how this card interfaces with one's computer and wireless network.

In my set up I have an Apple Airport network with an AirPort Extreme as the main hub (connected to a cable modem) and two AirPort Express modules that extend the network. My main computer (a Mac) is at some remove from both the AirPort Extreme hub and the location of the CPAP machine (although the latter items are relatively close).

If the FlashAir created a local hot spot that had to be picked up by my Mac directly, I wonder if it would have sufficient signal strength. But if the WiFi signal from the card becomes part of the network I should be fine.

Is it correct that the FlashAir is recognized as being part of a WiFi network (as opposed to only communicating directly with one's computer)?

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation: FlashAir and Flashpap - Wifi data transfer from CPAP to PC/Sleepyhead
It should be possible to connect the flash air directly to the nearest airport express assuming you know the ssid and password then the airport express will relay the data to your Mac 

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
The Flash Air will be on your network. Just make sure to make note of its IP address so you can insert that address in FlashPAP or Sleepmaster in the box asking for that info. Of course you can assign it a static IP address and then insert that address in FlashPAP or Sleepmaster
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The Flashair has a wifi transceiver built into it. Once configured for Station Mode (APPMODE=5), it will behave just like any other wifi device you may have. As mentioned in this and other threads, the biggest problem people have with Flashair is the distance from it to the wifi router (AP). The Flashair has a tiny antenna which is just a solder trace on the circuit board. Try to keep the Flashair within 50 feet of your wifi AP and you will be good.

Plenty of threads here on setting up the CONFIG file but if you have questions on it, best to start a new thread so it doesn't get lost.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Great info gentlemen. My main WiFi (AirPort Extreme) should be in good range.

It could also solve the "what to get daddy for Christmas?" issue.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update regarding the FlashAir - I just heard back from the new owners of the Toshiba SD card line (Kioxia) and they confirmed that the FlashAir product line was terminated in early 2019.  I've checked eBay and Amazon - if you can find one listed, even used, the prices have skyrocketed to around US$100.

I bought a 16GB a couple years ago (W-04 version) and it's been working mostly fine in my ResMed 10; once in a while FlashPAP can't see it and I have to fiddle with inserting it into the machine and my PC to get it going again.  Thinking it might be failing, I looked for a backup FlashAir and was only able to find a 64GB version a few months back (8 and 16GB versions were unavailable).  It doesn't work in the ResMed machine; I think I even tried reformatting it to FAT32.

Alternate brands like EZ-Share exist, but as noted above, FlashPAP and SleepyHead (I assume OSCAR too) are coded only for the Toshiba product.  I find using the wireless Toshiba card every morning a huge benefit; it would be wonderful if some software gurus could add support for other brands now that Toshiba/Kioxia is out of the business.

For now, my original 16GB FlashAir is still working; hope it continues to do so.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is such good information I'll forgive you for reviving a three year old thread! Big Grin

I wouldn't know where else to post it either!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad news about the Toshiba FlashAir. Sad

Mine is still working fine and it's a great asset.

I had initially tried the EZ Share, as it was cheaper, but it was a no-go.

Quote: it would be wonderful if some software gurus could add support for other brands now that Toshiba/Kioxia is out of the business.

Agreed
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought a second Toshiba FlashAir W-04 SD card. I'm going to make an image of my current FlashAir card as a backup. I may not be able to get my hands on a suitable replacement card if I need it a few years from now. It's so incredibly convenient to use FlashPAP with a FlashAir card installed in my ResMed AS10 AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do any of our hardware and software experts know if the ezShare card can be configured to work in place of the Toshiba FlashAir card.

My machine has been working nearly flawlessly with a 16gb FlashAir card since mid-June 2019, but I'd like to have a backup, just in case the existing card dies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,886 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,237 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.