Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation for CPAP machine, mask with low noise level
Recommendation for CPAP machine, mask with low noise level
I would appreciate recommendations for what CPAP machines to consider and masks to look at that have low noise level.  My spouse is bothered by the baseline noise from my F&P Icon+. I use a nasal mask and chin strap and she is bothered by the noise in the absence of either mask or mouth leak. I believe that the noise of the Icon+ has increased over the years. I have a pad under that machine and change the filters. She is uncomfortable with ear plugs and she does not like white noise machines. My sleep physician wants me to retry full face masks to try to move away from the chin strap since I have had mild TMJ discomfort. I have been on CPAP for over 5 years, so I am eligible for a new machine through Medicare.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation for CPAP machine, mask with low noise level
My wife owns a ResMed autoset (Cpap) and I own a ResMed VAUTO (bipap) both are wonderful machines and dead quiet. ResMed also makes masks that are very quiet. Full face mask would be ResMed F30 and F30i. Pillow masked ResMed P30 and P30i. I own both types and they have Defusion vents that make them very quiet and the air exhaust that is minimal.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
To jump on the wagon here, I want to add my support behind the Resmed.  I can't attest to how it compares to the F&P in sound levels, but the algorithms are first-rate.   I am very impressed with F&P's masks, but their R&D on their machines has fallen by the wayside.   That is a shame.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why the chin strap? there are other solutions to mouth breathing. Check the Mask Primer, it has a section on that.
On Masks, when I switched to the P10 my wife kept waking me up. It is so quiet that she needed to make sure I was still breathing. Thank god we are past that stage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 12:06 PM)staceyburke Wrote: My wife owns a ResMed autoset (Cpap) both are wonderful machines and dead quiet. ResMed also makes masks that are very quiet. Full face mask would be ResMed F30 and F30i.they have Defusion vents that make them very quiet and the air exhaust that is minimal.

(03-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I want to add my support behind the Resmed.

(03-13-2021, 12:32 PM)Gideon Wrote: Check the Mask Primer, it has a section on that. On Masks, when I switched to the P10 my wife kept waking me up. It is so quiet that she needed to make sure I was still breathing.

I have tried several of the recommendations from the wiki mask primer and the tongue against my palate technique was the most helpful, enabling me to loosen the chin strap.
Thanks for the comments on the Resmed machines and masks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 297 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 80 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.