Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation for a cheap travel machine?
Recommendation for a cheap travel machine?
Hi,

I am looking for a good travel machine:

* Below $300
* CPAP or APAP
* No need for humidifier, nor EPR
* Needs to be small/easy to carry in my suitcase
* Needs to be light
* Needs to be quiet
* Ideally needs to show some data on screen, like basic reporting

any advice?

Thanks,
T.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation for a cheap travel machine?
If you are traveling with a suitcase, just take your regular machine. You still have to take the hose and mask, the machine is not that much space. Less if you can remove the humidifier. The travel machines tend to be noisier and less sturdy while not being all that much smaller or lighter.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to buy a second (backup) machine anyway.

Plus I am not too keen to move around with my Resmed Airsense 10 machine, given its high cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a DreamStation auto on Amazon for less than $400. And the humidifier detaches so you can travel with a relatively small machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
... or look for a superseded but still excellent Resmed S9 Autoset. If you don't need the humidifier this is a very compact little unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tedgreen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and finding a backup machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just spent a month travelling to and around Tasmania, I covered between 2500 to 3000 kms in the process. I took my Respironics machine with me and quickly got used to setting it up and packing it away after a couple of days in one place. I had the humidifier attached and in hindsight could have left it behind. Having the car made this quite easy

That said, I'm flying to the UK in April and need a machine that I can take on the plane and use in my hotel room so I'll be interested in any replies. I think a compact machine will be really helpful in sleeping on the plane.
Post Reply Post Reply
FDA Clears World's Smallest CPAP, ResMed AirMini™
Portable AirMini offers ease-of-use and comfort for travelers and additional revenue opportunities for home medical equipment providers

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ResMed (NYSE: RMD) announced today at the 35th annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has cleared ResMed's AirMini, the world's smallest continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device.

ResMed's tiny yet fully-featured AirMini, to be launched later this year, is designed as a secondary CPAP, making it easier for people to continue their sleep apnea therapy while traveling.

As an addition to ResMed's industry-leading Air Solutions portfolio, the AirMini offers multiple benefits to home medical equipment providers—supporting increased therapy compliance and convenience for their patients, and incremental revenue opportunities.

"ResMed AirMini is the portable travel CPAP patients and home medical equipment providers have been waiting for, and we look forward to bringing it to market later this year," said ResMed CEO, Mick Farrell. "It fits easily in carry-on luggage – even in the seatback pocket on the plane–and delivers all the best-in-class comfort features patients need to get the best sleep."
Post Reply Post Reply
I would first look in your area for a used S9 or Respironics 560. The humidifier can be separated; the main unit is quite small. Baring that, the Apex XT seems to be the lowest dB of the travel models. However, the prices look to be much higher in the UK.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 613 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,441 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,187 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 251 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 440 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,316 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,074 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.