Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation(s) for FFM
Recommendation(s) for FFM
Hope this is the right place for recommendations on FFM’s.  I looked at mask reviews but didn’t help me enough so here I am.

I’m new to the board and started therapy last Tuesday with ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with P10 pillows.  I also have a Dreamwear pillow given to me after my tritation.  Currently using auto pressure between 6.6 and 10.6 with my AHI all over the map but my biggest problem is mouth leaks.  I love the Dreamwear for comfort but too many mouth leaks with P10 or Dreamwear even with a simple chin strap.

I do toss & turn and end up sleeping on my stomach most of the night which is why I love the Dreamwear both comfortable and having the tube on top of my head which keeps me from getting tangled in the tube.

I’m going to keep trying the nasal pillows for a few more days or longer but it appears a FFM is in my near future.

My assigned DME only carries ResMed equipment.  I understand fit is individual but any recommendations for a ResMed FFM that is stable for a toss & turner, not obtrusive, comfortable and allows use of eye glasses for reading for me to try?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendation(s) for FFM
Resmed f20 works great. The problem is your face is unique to you. You might end up trying several differant masks before you find one that works for you. There are some suppliers that will give you a 30 day return for a small fee. Imyselef have 5 before i got one that works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 08:38 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Resmed f20 works great. The problem is your face is unique to you. You might end up trying several differant masks before you find one that works for you.  There are some suppliers that will give you a 30 day return for a small fee. Imyselef have 5 before i got one that works for me.

Good evening Gary 1 of 2.  Based on your suggestion I went back to mask reviews and the airfit F20 appears to be one to try.  Might make reading, my before sleep while in bed habit, difficult but that is the least of my concerns.

Thank you.  Hate to give up the simplicity or comfort of my P10 or dreamwear but FFM might be my only solution to too many episodes of mouth leaks.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 09:32 PM)CZOscar Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 08:38 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Resmed f20 works great. The problem is your face is unique to you. You might end up trying several differant masks before you find one that works for you.  There are some suppliers that will give you a 30 day return for a small fee. Imyselef have 5 before i got one that works for me.

Good evening Gary 1 of 2.  Based on your suggestion I went back to mask reviews and the airfit F20 appears to be one to try.  Might make reading, my before sleep while in bed habit, difficult but that is the least of my concerns.

Thank you.  Hate to give up the simplicity or comfort of my P10 or dreamwear but FFM might be my only solution to too many episodes of mouth leaks.  Thanks.

Try the AirTouch if you are having issues.  The mask that best fits your requirements is the Amara View.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed F20 with both AirFit and AirTouch cushions and the Respironics Amara View. The Amara View allows glasses wearing more easily than the F20 will. But for myself, I like the F20 better overall.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 11:46 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I have the ResMed F20 with both AirFit and AirTouch cushions and the Respironics Amara View. The Amara View allows glasses wearing more easily than the F20 will. But for myself, I like the F20 better overall.

I had first tried CPAP 2 years ago and with issues gave it up until recently.  Having issues with mouth leaks past week and thinking I needed to go with FFM as noted above - I went digging in my old stuff and found the first mask issued to me and it happened to be a Respironics Amara View that I did not know I had kept.

Great now I can test a FFM so tried it last night.

Did not go very well.  I had difficulty getting it adjusted to feel comfortable and not leak but used it until almost 4:00 am then switched to Dreamwear pillow.  I looked at the Amara View FFM mask closely today thinking the size must have been the issue but nowhere on the mask is there an indication of the size.  I recall now that I did return to my first DME with issues with the Amara View FFM and was issued a Respironics Pico Nasal mask in Large which worked ok except for what was probably mouth leaks - I had no software of data to understand what was going on.

Will try both AirFit and AirTouch F20 when I give up on the Nasal pillows/mask.

Will post last nights results on my data thread and maybe someone can help me understand the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Amara View is difficult to set up. Look at the manufactures video on fitting it. Many get it too tight.

Read/re-read the Mask Primer, There is a lot in there on fitting masks and eliminating leaks.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 12:25 PM)bonjour Wrote: The Amara View is difficult to set up.  Look at the manufactures video on fitting it.  Many get it too tight.

Read/re-read the Mask Primer,  There is a lot in there on fitting masks and eliminating leaks.

Fred

Having used it, I agree 100%. Personal rating of 7/10 for overall ownership vs either of my F20 cushions at 9/10 for AirFit and 8.5/10 for AirTouch IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 12:25 PM)bonjour Wrote: The Amara View is difficult to set up.  Look at the manufactures video on fitting it.  Many get it too tight.

Read/re-read the Mask Primer,  There is a lot in there on fitting masks and eliminating leaks.

Fred

Thanks Fred - will do so and see if I have better luck tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 12:38 PM)CZOscar Wrote:

Fred

Thanks Fred - will do so and see if I have better luck tonight.

Looked at video and images.  One thing that stood out - my Amara View Cushion does not have the opening for nostrils.  It only has a Soft area that appears to fit against the nose.  Must be earlier model.  Will follow instructions closely tonight to see if I have better results.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 206 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 285 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,395 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,108 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 940 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 381 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  DME Recommendation SakimaStorm 12 1,148 01-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.