Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendation(s) for FFM
RE: Recommendation(s) for FFM
The "flap" that the nose rests on has holes. There is a fit guide toward the end of the Mask Primer. What it measures is the depth of the nose, different from any other mask so expect the size to be different from your norm. I am wearing the Amara View in my Avatar, but the video you watched I'm sure has a better (larger) view.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 01:27 PM)bonjour Wrote: The "flap" that the nose rests on has holes.  There is a fit guide toward the end of the Mask Primer.  What it measures is the depth of the nose, different from any other mask so expect the size to be different from your norm.  I am wearing the Amara View in my Avatar, but the video you watched I'm sure has a better (larger) view.
My cushion does not have an opening but everything else is like video & photos.  Read everything twice - will try again tonight.  My cushion size is L.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried so many masks, I have a collection of them. I started with a nasal mask but had a constant ear ache when they changed the air flow to 8. I am a nose breather so I tried the amara but could not seem to get enough air into my nose. I tried a few more ffm, but finally ended up with the air touch f20. It is so comfortable as far as weight compared to all others I tried. The memory foam is fantastic, I have nearly 0 leaks all night. It doesn't even seem that I need to have it as tight as the other masks. Don't give up, you will find one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 02:45 PM)Styx Wrote: I have tried so many masks, I have a collection of them. I started with a nasal mask but had a constant ear ache when they changed the air flow to 8. I am a nose breather so I tried the amara but could not seem to get enough air into my nose. I tried a few more ffm, but finally ended up with the air touch f20. It is so comfortable as far as weight compared to all others I tried. The memory foam is fantastic, I have nearly 0 leaks all night. It doesn't even seem that I need to have it as tight as the other masks. Don't give up, you will find one.

Okay Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
F20 Airtouch while good, does have its shortcomings. It can't be clean with soap and water, it can only be cleaned with wet wipes. I found that after 3 months of usage, the mask tends to have an odor, especially at the left and right ends. I think it is probably from saliva drippings while sleeping.   Oh-jeez

Just ordered another F20 Cushion replacement. At the same time, I am trying out the Amara View too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on my FFM trials.  I spent a lot of time looking at the proper use of the Respironics Amara View FFM video and images.  After fighting leaks and discomfort all last night I was at my DME door when they opened this morning.  I had been issued the Nasal  pillow, ResMed P10 originally and the technician mildly reminded me that it was his first suggestion but I was nice and did NOT remind him that he had given me a used machine with 1,359 hours either.

Was fitted and came home with new ResMed F20 and two extra AirTouch cushions.  I must say it REALLY feels comfortable and will test it tonight but it sure feels comfortable and love the magnetic clips.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you are trying it and I hope it works for you. The magnetic clips are an added bonus. I bought Pampers Sensitive  wipes to clean the mask. Got 64 wipes for $4.00 and they are probably cheaper in Walmart, I got them at CVS. Good luck tonight!!  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 07:31 PM)Styx Wrote: Glad you are trying it and I hope it works for you. The magnetic clips are an added bonus. I bought Pampers Sensitive  wipes to clean the mask. Got 64 wipes for $4.00 and they are probably cheaper in Walmart, I got them at CVS. Good luck tonight!!  Sleep-well
Thanks but my bad.  Came home with F20 AiFit not AirTouch. Oh-jeez  But hope tonight is the beginning of a long relationship.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same mask just no foam padding, no problem. Good luck tonight! 
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 10:57 PM)Styx Wrote: Same mask just no foam padding, no problem. Good luck tonight! 
Sleep-well

Good morning 

I really liked the F20 AirFit FFM.  Felt good all night, I did have some leaks I need to work on see below - but I think they were either when I lifted the mask to scratch my itchy nose - or when my chin tucked.  I did a test and chin tucks did cause leaks from the bottom so need to work on that.  But overall very pleased with the F20 FFM  like

Here is last night chart (posted also on my data thread)

[Image: 3RMVhjJl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 263 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,339 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,084 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 891 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 351 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  DME Recommendation SakimaStorm 12 1,087 01-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.