Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendations Needed on a Printer Purchase
Recommendations Needed on a Printer Purchase
I want to print some color photographs for scrapbooks and the like. Can anyone recommend a printer? I'm looking for something economical, especially when it comes to ink.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Recommendations Needed on a Printer Purchase
My experience with ink-jet printers is that unless you use them regularly, the ink dries in the nozzles, and you end up using lots of ink to clean the nozzles, instead of colouring your pictures.
I've been quite happy with my colour laser printer; I don't print colour regularly, and the toner hasn't caked or fouled. OTOH, the starter cartridges don't last forever, and each of the four standard cartridges cost about $100 Canadian. But I'm set for several years at the rate I print colour.
OTOH, I might have saved money by finding a colour copying place near by, and using their printers. I have to anyway for 11x17 prints...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recommendations Needed on a Printer Purchase
I've found Brother inkjet printers are very reliable, fast, and economical. They also produce stunning prints.  The OEM cartridges are about 1/3 the price of HP products and the print quality is as good, if not better.  Unlike HP, Brother doesn't have a timer chip that will shutdown the cartridge even if you seldom use it.  The Brother has ink level chips that may be reset via a $5 device.  You can then refill them yourself for additional savings.  I currently use a MFC-J5520DW, now superseded with a newer model number.  It is faster than my laser printers to the point that this is the "go-to" printer for everyone. For poster size prints (24" wide and up) I still go with HP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations on computer memory brands MitchS 20 477 01-07-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: MitchS
  Tips on hearing aid purchase MitchS 27 852 01-02-2020, 06:47 AM
Last Post: MitchS
  HP printer problems GrammaBear 23 2,384 08-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Cool O2 Concentrator: Recommendations for Purchase? kiwii 5 1,119 05-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Antivirus software recommendations/Imac 49er 2 938 01-12-2016, 04:31 AM
Last Post: 49er
  Recommendations? att compatible tablet Mark Douglas 12 2,145 06-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  Windows 7 Purchase Sleepster 25 5,535 06-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.