Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed Airsense 10)
Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed Airsense 10)
Buried in the clinical menus under Config > About is a count called Run Hours.
Is this over the life of the machine? Is there another count of usage hours?
I read that someone found they'd been given a used machine by comparing the two.

Thanks,

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recorded hours -- 2 values? (ResMed N10)
That is the number of hours the motor has been running. It is reset only if the motor is replaced (a very rare event).

If the number of run hours is greater than 0, it isn't a new machine. You don't really need to compare to usage hours to determine that.

Usage hours are reported over a selectable period (day, week, month, etc.). I suppose if usage hours was greater than run hours, that would suggest the motor had been replaced. I've not seen any reports of anyone detecting that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way to find actual run hours is in 'My Options', scroll all the way down and select 'About'. The Device Run Hours is near the top of the display.

That's on an AS10.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that the ResMed cool down after sleep sessions adds to the run hours causing a difference between that and usage hours.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you trying to figure out for your original machine or loaner?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 11:17 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Are you trying to figure out for your original machine or loaner?
My original. If usage hours are lower than actual blower hours,
it's a good reason why it's acting flaky now.

Harv

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 11:07 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Note that the ResMed cool down after sleep sessions adds to the run hours causing a difference between that and usage hours.

Well, that puts my idea in the toilet. Can't say that machine was "pre-owned" as the used car guys
like to say.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 09:32 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The easiest way to find actual run hours is in 'My Options', scroll all the way down and select 'About'. The Device Run Hours is near the top of the display.

That's on an AS10.

Similar on N10: Options > Configuration > About.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 02:59 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: That is the number of hours the motor has been running. It is reset only if the motor is replaced (a very rare event).

If the number of run hours is greater than 0, it isn't a new machine. You don't really need to compare to usage hours to determine that.

Usage hours are reported over a selectable period (day, week, month, etc.). I suppose if usage hours was greater than run hours, that would suggest the motor had been replaced. I've not seen any reports of anyone detecting that.

Aha!  So if I select the entire use period, the hours can be compared to the blower hours.

The glitch is the ResMed cool-down time, which adds to blower time, as mentioned elsewhere here. Still worth a look. A gross discrepancy would be useful.

Thanks, Guy.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
midwestguy - I just looked at your thread and see the "N10" in your question above. Are you referring to the Resmed nasal mask, "N10"?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 186 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 258 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 169 04-18-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,634 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 179 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,258 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 176 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.