Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recording Data To SD Card
Question 
Recording Data To SD Card
Wow, do I feel dumb!  I have a Resmed AirSense 10 (not transmitting type).  I had removed the SD card to import the data to OSCAR.  I ran the CPAP last night, and this morning realized my SD card was still in my laptop.  Is there a way to make the AirSense 10 record last night's session to the SD card I just reinserted into the machine?  Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recording Data To SD Card
Hi TheEngineer !  -  Welcome
The only data available will be the summary data.  The SD card has to be in the CPAP while in use to record the high resolution sleep data.

You are not he first person to forget this.  One trick is to have 2 SD cards.  When you pull one out, you replace it with the other.  The downside is each card will have every other day's data (Kind of like RAID 0). SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat.  I recommend that you perform a backup of the card's data to a dedicated directory on your PC.   You can then point OSCAR to this location for the data importing operation.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for the rapid reply!  The 2-card approach seems like a good plan, even with the caveat.  And yes, I do make backups of the SD card to my laptop, and backups of my laptop's drive.  I've been a computer nerd since the TI-99/4a and Commodore 64, followed by 8086/8088/80386...  So, I've been burned a few times.  Thanks for the great advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2023, 07:46 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi TheEngineer !  -  Welcome
The only data available will be the summary data.  The SD card has to be in the CPAP while in use to record the high resolution sleep data.

I recommend that you perform a backup of the card's data to a dedicated directory on your PC.   You can then point OSCAR to this location for the data importing operation.

- Red

That's actually a great idea.

And we've all done that before. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the SD cards. They are a lot better than the audio cassettes I used with my TI 99/4a.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 154 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 255 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 247 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 444 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 385 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 559 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
  AirSense 11 not recording entire night wellivea1 6 826 08-29-2023, 10:19 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.